Wednesday, 16 December 2015

the pompom's on the sheepy hat and a new skirt

I finished off the sheepy hat last week. The pompom just sets the whole thing off nicely, I think. The hat is soooooooo cosy!

I made myself a skirt this week. I used this pattern - Butterick 5466, view A.

Actually, to be truthful, I've made it twice. Why? Because my first attempt - where I looked carefully at the pattern's measurements to decide what size to make - was far too big for me. I wouldn't have minded so much but the skirt was lined and it involved a lot of careful unpicking to get it back to a stage where I could take it in. Serves me right for not trying it on during the making but my measurements were *exactly* what the pattern said the bigger size would finish at so why would I doubt them?

Anyway, I took it apart, cut it back, re-sewed it, tried it on, re-lined it and finished it off and here's how it looks on a festively decorated Diana.

I have my suspicions that it might still be a bit big for me but I'll just tuck my polo necks in for now. I refuse to take it all apart again!

14 comments:

  1. Fantastic hat!!! I hope that the skirt is now the right size! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. The skirt is a bit loose but that might not be so bad at this time of year! LOL

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you too, Amy. :o)

      Delete
  3. great hat! Advent blessings x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela. And to you and yours too! :o)

      Delete
  4. The pompom finishes it off beautifully. Hope the skirt fits nicely now. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. The skirt is a wee bit loose so over-eating at Christmas time won't be so much of a problem this year! LOL

      Delete
  5. How annoying having all that unpicking to do, hope it fits better now. Your hat is fabulous and the pompom is the icing on the cake, or the pompom on the hat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo! The pompom does make it look fab, even if I do say so myself! :oD

      Delete
  6. Sick of me yet LOL??? That pompom is perfect! And I love that you've named your dress dummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Of course not! Diana was actually called that on the site we ordered her from so it'd be wrong to change her name! :oD

      Delete
  7. That sheep hat is super, and the pompom is perfect! Nice job on the skirt too. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristie! Merry Christmas to you and yours! :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)