Monday, 7 December 2015

pinnies, a bag, a skirt and a tutu tree

I finished off the pinnies I was making last week and they're now being worn by me and my girls. This one was made from a remnant which had 50p written on it. Not bad, eh? (Apologies for the fuzzy photo!)

I love all of these and plan to wear them (along with all the others I have) all December!

Who wouldn't want to cook/bake or even wash up wearing one of these?

I fought my way through the making of the pvc bag. I do love it but am determined to remember not to buy any more pvc for sewing. It's such a task sewing it!

I love the lining fabric too. It sort of reminds me of the Coca Cola font and therefore the "Holidays are Coming" coke advert which I *love*!

I made myself a black jumbo cord skirt. This is a pattern that I made for myself years ago. I had to take it in by about 1½" - go me!! It's hard to get a good photo of a black skirt in the dismal days of December!

I used some fun dice fabric for the facings. Nobody will see them but I'll know they're there!

Douglas used an old wooden knitting needle to make the trunk of my tutu tree. That's what I'm calling it - much more fun than calling it a "net tree"!!

I did all the rest of the work and this is how it's looking at the moment. The decorations are my just some of my vast collection of Christmas earrings. Aren't they fab?

I just have a felt star to make for the top and should get that done tomorrow.

14 comments:

  1. Wow, you've been busy! I love the apron. I have one that is the same style! Love the fabric you used on the tote too!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete
  2. The aprons are looking goood and hope you and the girls enjoy them. Glad you made the bag as I wouldn't even attempt it. What a cute little tree and are they really all your Xmas earrings? Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. Yes, they are all Christmas earrings - at least all the hanging ones. I've still got a ton of stud earrings that I've collected over the years as well! :o)

      Delete
  3. Wow, your tree's fabulous and all those earrings, I don't think I've got one pair of Christmas earrings. That dice fabric is brill, I love your attention to detail in the things you make, even though no one sees it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I have so many pairs of Christmas earrings that I've collected over the years. At least now they'll all be "worn" this year! LOL

      Delete
  4. Love the Tree. The aprons are great, almost makes me want to put one on and start cooking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim. I haven't started any Christmas baking yet - it would all get eaten before the big day arrived if I made it now! LOL - but I do hope to start soon and my new pinnies are perfect to keep me clean! :o)

      Delete
  5. Your tutu tree is fabulous isn't it!!!! What a great collection of earrings you have too. I love the second apron down with the trees especially, have fun wearing them! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. I'm now making another tutu tree for Joanna. She plans to put her Christmas earrings on hers too. As she says, it's a great way to store them and she can still wear them if she wants! :oD

      Delete
  6. I love your tutu tree!! I don't have a pair of Christmas earrings - no I feel deprived after seeing yours!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne. You need to get some Christmas earrings for yourself! I'm shocked that you don't have any!

      Delete
  7. I LOVE that you're using your earrings for ornaments Anne -- what a great idea! And your pinnies are all beautiful -- of all my aprons, I don't think I have a Christmas one -- we should fix that!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely make a Christmas pinny - or ten!! :oD

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)