Monday, 28 December 2015

filling in the blanks

Time to fill in the blanks of what I made for Christmas presents this year. First of all a couple of blouses for Debbie. They're made from one of my favourite blouse patterns - New Look 6407, view E.

I've made this blouse before for Debbie (blogged here) but it was a bit short in the body for her so I made these 3" longer than the pattern. Hopefully there won't be any displays of midriff when she wears these versions!

This one is a brown flowery cotton:

And this one is a creamy flowery cotton:

The only other thing I made was a diary cover for Joanna. I made a patchwork one this time using lots of fun scraps and used my letter stamping blocks to make her name and the date - there are no numbers on my blocks so I put the date in Roman numerals. This is the front:

The back:

And the inside showing the flaps which hold the diary in place.

Thankfully, both girls loved their mum-made presents.

Finally, I also made these.

They're called "Linzer Augen" which, apparently, translates as "Lens Eyes". Now, whether that means "spectacles" or "contact lenses", I'm not sure. What I do know is that they are delicious! I found the recipe here - it's in French but is easily translated using google translate. I halfed the recipe as I didn't want to make - or eat! - 60 biscuits!

12 comments:

  1. Well done and glad the girls liked their presents. Ooh, the bikkies look nice. Have a good week and take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The biscuits were really good, Susan. I know they'll become a regular in this household!!

      Delete
  2. Hello from Paris Anne. I am glad you liked them, they look really good. I made a batch again this year, with cherry jam this time, and they really taste good.
    The original recipe comes from the town of Linz, Austria, and since there is an "eye" in the biscuit, they are called Linzer Augen, Linz eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Gracianne, and for explaining the name of them. It makes perfect sense when you think about it! The biscuits are really delicious and I'm sure they'll be made many, many times in this house!

      Delete
  3. Lovely. It's always nice to receive home made gifts. I love the spotty dog fabric on the diary cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. The spotty dog fabric is some of the leftovers from a blouse I made myself earlier this year and it always gets compliments when I wear it! :o)

      Delete
  4. Looks like wonderful gifts Anne. And those cookies look delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna. The biscuits/cookies were really good. In fact, I might need to make some more because we've finished them all!

      Delete
  5. Your gifts are gorgeous, especially the cover. I'll have a go at making something similar for a huge notebook I have been given that has a plain cover (I'll have to find some London fabric to make it just right for me!). Have a wonderful and craft filled 2016!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chel. Your notebook will look amazing with some London fabric on it!

      Delete
  6. These are such beautiful gifts. You're a very talented and generous mum. I'm sure your daughters must appreciate the things you make for them. I wish you all a happy new year! (I owe you an email, soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. Happy New Year to you too. (No rush on the e-mail!)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)