Monday, 30 November 2015

padding the dummy and other things

I can't show everything I've been making this week as some of them are "blanks" for Christmas gifts. I've taken photos, though, so, after the big man has been, I'll dig them out and fill in the blanks.

In the meantime, here are a few miscellaneous shots from my camera.

First of all, this is Diana the dummy in her new spotty outfit. I wanted her to look more like me - bigger in the boobular area and not so flat over the tummy section so I padded her out with wadding and bump (curtain interlining) and this is how she looks now. She's got a few lumps there (a wee bit like myself! :oD) but she measures the same as I do now so she'll give me a more accurate idea of the fit of things. Hopefully!

I dug out our Christmas mugs last week, washed them and hung them on the mug hooks. Three hooks are empty because I'd already used the mugs before I thought of taking the photo! I have to say, I find the 2 mugs on the right really annoying. The pattern is only printed on one side and, to show said pattern, they need to hang differently from all the other mugs. I don't think I have OCD but it annoys me a lot that they're like that! ;o)

Yesterday morning we had snow. It did lie for about quarter of an hour but, thankfully, it was wet snow so it didn't take long to disappear. Phew!

I was tidying my Christmas fabrics and found a few that I could make pinnies from so I cut them out yesterday and started sewing them today. Only the tapes to sew on now and I can start wearing my share! Yay!

I also found a piece of Christmas pvc fabric in the pile so I cut it out for a shopping bag. I know I'll be letting loose with a few wee sweary words as I sew the pvc but hopefully not too many. I need to remind myself when I see pvc in the remnant box, how much I *hate* sewing with the stuff!!

Our Christmas concert yesterday went quite well. There were a few "moments" that should have been better but the audience didn't notice and clapped loudly. Hopefully we'll have made a lot of money for the "Save the Children" charity. Douglas did take some photos for me but he was so far back in the hall that you can barely see the choir never mind the bow ties and mini bow tie brooches I made. Oh well, maybe next year! :o)

12 comments:

  1. What a good idea to have a more life like manikin! Mugs would not be good in our house with my daughter around, she would ask for them to be taken down :-) No snow here, just very, very damp and muddy which is never good with the amount of fields we have surrounding us. The fabrics you found are simply gorgeous and so bright. Good luck with the PVC!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hanging those back-to-front mugs today and Douglas - who usually doesn't notice anything like that - said "you're hanging them the wrong way!". So it's not just OCDers, who get annoyed at them! :oD

      Sewing the pvc was, let's say, "difficult". I didn't actually swear (out loud) but I did think about throwing the whole thing in the bin! I didn't and now have a lovely bag - as long as nobody looks too closely at the stitching!!

      Delete
  2. Glad the concert went well, a shame we don't get to see the bow ties and brooches in all their glory though. Douglas will have to get there earlier next year so he can grab a front row seat. You've done a great job with Diana, it will certainly make things easier when you can see the proper fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Douglas wouldn't sit in the front row even if he was first there. I always know where he and Joanna will be - about 3/4 of the way back and over to the side! Creatures of habit, the pair of them! LOL

      Delete
  3. My, you have been busy! Yes we do develop lumpy bits along the way!! Glad the concert went well - you will have to make sure Douglas is in the front row next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to laugh at Diana's bumpy bits. At least mine are more "gentle" slopes than hers! LOL

      Delete
  4. A sprikle os snow is enough for now, though I'm sure a white Xmas would be lovely. Ah, the dummy looks different. I wonder how I would get on changing one, as I don't suppose you could shave off the boobs (lol). Glad the concert went well and you made some money for your charity. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I don't mind the snow over Christmas or if nobody's going anywhere but it was Sunday and we had the concert in the afternoon with a few of the choir members coming from about 20 miles away. Thankfully they all made it - although one of them only made it by 5 minutes! Phew!

      Delete
  5. Glad the concert wet well. Love the Christmas PVC, it will make a lovely bag.. My OUTLANDER DVD has arrived, but I'm not allowed it until Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Well, it's only 24 sleeps to go! Not too long, really! :oD

      Delete
  6. I know what you mean about the mugs, that kind of thing bugs me too! Mugs that bug! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it funny the things we let bug us? But these do, they really do! Maybe I should just hang them the right way and not bother that the design isn't showing.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)