I've now got more of the snowflake fabric so I'll get on with making the flower for her so I can give it to her at this week's rehearsal. We decided that I would leave off the button on the front so she could pin a sparkly brooch on to it instead. I think it'll look great.
I made myself a doggy blouse. It's another McCall's 5359. I think I could make that blouse in my sleep, I've made it so often! LOL
Joanna asked me to fix her black skirt what seemed to have stretched at the waist. She gave me the brown skirt I had made for her which hadn't stretched so I could see what size it needed to be. Well, somehow the black skirt had stretched by 7cm - nearly 3". Wow!
I set to and unpicked the zip, the side seams, the waistband facings etc and took it in by the 7cm. When I'd sewn it all back up, I measured the re-sewn version against the brown skirt, it was still 4cm too big. What?? Well, it finally dawned on me that the black fabric was behaving exactly like the plum stuff I'd sewn trousers for myself with. Remember that "weird" fabric? Yep. I'm pretty sure the black fabric was the same.
So that black skirt got thrown into the charity bag and I made a completely new skirt for Joanna out of a metre of (non-weird) black fabric I had in my stash. Thankfully, that worked out at the same size as the brown one. Phew!
It's the usual pattern with the fishtail at the back:
I used some leftover fabric from the strawberry top I made for her (blogged here) for the waistband facings.
We made a red candle from leftover bits from some red tealights. When it solidified, there was a hole in it. Interesting!
Today I dug into the depths of the freezer and pulled out the strawberries and raspberries to make jam. Here's the strawberry jam:
And the raspberry jam.
They are both delicious! I know because we decided we had to test it and had homemade scones and jam for tea. The scones weren't particularly pretty but, boy did they taste good!