Friday, 9 October 2015

the sewing room's reloaded

I finished reloading my sewing room yesterday. The Billy bookcases are all loaded back up again. (No I did NOT throw out any fabric like Douglas suggested. As if I would!! *eyeroll*)

The sewing machine is ready to go but the overlocker is still wearing its plastic jacket.

On the wall to the right in the photo above, there used to be huge noticeboard. I decided to use that on another wall for my rulers - seen in the photo below. That saved me hammering in all those nails into the wall again!

I also swapped the big mirror with the bookcase of fat quarters and zips etc. I'm hoping the mirror will help brighten the room up a bit as ths sewing room is at the dark side of the house. The mirror is also helping to cover most of the really dark grey wall. I am sooooooo glad we decided not to do the whole of the big wall with that colour. Wow, it's dark!

(The dark splodge on the right of the photos is something on my camera lens. It appears in every photo but it's especially obvious in these photos.)

And what was the first project I decided to do in my newly decorated and beautifully floored sewing room? A roman blind for the window. I've made so many roman blinds over the years, I can usually run them up fairly quickly so I'm really hoping to get it finished tomorrow.

I am so happy with my new sewing room - it's been worth all the painful shoulders (me from the painting) and knees (Douglas from the laminate flooring).

8 comments:

  1. Lovely Anne, and yes that wall is quite dark. Good idea with the mirror. Look forward to seeing the blind. Have a good weekend and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wall is quite dark but it's all looking fresh again and that's the main thing. You'll be glad to have everything back where it belongs so that you can get on with your sewing again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very pleased that everything's back where it belongs. It was a l-o-n-g week! :o)

      Delete
  3. It all looks super ....... how long will it stay that tidy??!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually not bad at keeping my sewing room tidy. I get all agitated if it's a mess. It's a shame the same can't be said about the rest of the house! LOL

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)