Tuesday, 6 October 2015

the floor and the walls

Here's a photo of the laminate floor Douglas fitted in my sewing room. I love it! I'm going to need a rug to go under my sewing chair so I don't damage the floor as I roll back and forward on the chair.

And this photo shows the colours we've done the walls. We chose a mid grey and a light grey but, when we started painting with the light grey it was much darker than we expected it to be - and much darker than the label on the tin. I do like it but we decided that if the "light" grey was as dark as that, then the mid grey could possibly be awfully dark.

So, instead of doing one whole wall with the darker grey, we've only done what is the chimney breast wall - there's no fireplace in that room but that's where it was before the people who owned the house before us took it out.

That wall is going to need another coat and then I'm determined that I'm starting the reload tomorrow. We've decided that the ceiling can be done any time as the furniture won't need moved for that to be painted. I'm looking forward to the reload. Just having things back where they belong will feel great, I'm sure! :o)

12 comments:

  1. Yay for getting so much done already!!! I hope that the painting is soon finished so that you can move in and reload the sewing machine with your next project!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All that we're doing for now is done so the big reload has started and I'll finish it tomorrow. I can't wait to sit down and sew something. Anything!

      Delete
  2. That floor looks gorgeous! The two greys tone well, but I see what you mean about the dark one being dark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's even darker with the second coat. Thank goodness we decided not to do the big wall! Eeeek!!

      Delete
  3. Doing well so far Anne (and Douglas), and I'll bet once finished you'll have a real rush on wanting to do all sorts. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. I want so badly to sit at my machine and just make something. It just confirms that sewing is an addiction for me! LOL

      Delete
  4. It's looking great already, I really love the floor. Hope you manage the reload today, you'll be able to crack on again with your sewing then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. We did a lot of the reload today with only a few bits and bobs for me to do tomorrow. I can't wait!

      Delete
  5. It's looking great! The flooring is beautiful. I know what you mean about paint colors; sometimes they can really surprise you when you get them onto the walls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if it's because the walls were magnolia (and not white) before we painted them but both paints are much darker than they are on the paint charts or on the tins. I'm just glad we started with the light one and realised how dark the darker grey might be!

      Delete
  6. It's looking good! Enjoy restoring everything - I rearranged my storage, and now can't find anything!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne. I've moved a few things around and am a wee bit worried that I might take ages to find things. Maybe I should make a list of where I've put things just in case! LOL

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)