And this photo shows the colours we've done the walls. We chose a mid grey and a light grey but, when we started painting with the light grey it was much darker than we expected it to be - and much darker than the label on the tin. I do like it but we decided that if the "light" grey was as dark as that, then the mid grey could possibly be awfully dark.
So, instead of doing one whole wall with the darker grey, we've only done what is the chimney breast wall - there's no fireplace in that room but that's where it was before the people who owned the house before us took it out.
That wall is going to need another coat and then I'm determined that I'm starting the reload tomorrow. We've decided that the ceiling can be done any time as the furniture won't need moved for that to be painted. I'm looking forward to the reload. Just having things back where they belong will feel great, I'm sure! :o)