Tuesday, 20 October 2015

daisy dress

I finished another dress today for Joanna. I thought I had cut this out in June and was feeling a bit ashamed at how long it took me to make it but, checking back on my blog, it wasn't June at all but August! I don't feel quite so bad now! :oD

Here's the dress.

It's a pattern I've made for her a few times now - McCall's 6696, view B.

Isn't that fabric lovely?

I didn't have quite enough of the daisy buttons so I didn't sew the one on at the top (on the collar stand) as I'm pretty sure Joanna never fastens that one. Aren't they just perfect for this fabric? Yet again, I can hear my Grandad telling me "If you keep a thing for 7 years, you'll find a use for it." How about (at least) 15 years, Grandad? :oD

I'm usually quite pleased with the things I make for Joanna but I'm really, really pleased with this one. It's just gorgeous! :o)

10 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I think she should wear it with white canvas sneakers in the summer. It would look so fresh. You're so good at these dresses, all the ladies in your life are going to want one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely fabric and the buttons are ever so cute. I think Joanna is one lucky girl with a mother like you. Happy sewing and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like everything about it, the fabric, the buttons and I love the style. I bet Joanna gets lots of compliments on her clothes, all these one off dresses she has, she must be the envy of her friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. Every time she wears one of the dresses to her work, she tells me that everyone raves about them. :o)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! I love the buttons and the fabric, I think that it has a lovely 50's vintage look to it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! It does have a vintage feel to it. Maybe she needs to wear white ankle socks with the dress! :o)

      Delete
  5. It is gorgeous - I love it. Thank you, mama! You are so clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. And, yes, I am! LOL

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)