Wednesday, 2 September 2015

the hares dress

I made Joanna another Felicity dress this week. It's actually a fairly quick make ... as long as your back holds out! I felt it twinge a time or two yesterday and, even though I only had 20 minutes of work left to finish the dress, I made myself stop. No point in not being able to move today for the sake of finishing the dress yesterday!

Anyway, that aside, I finished the dress today. Hares this time!

The fabric for this was - guess what? - another sale downie cover. It cost £7 for a King size cover and I got the whole dress out of one side so that makes it a £3.50 dress - plus thread (£1.70) and zip (83p) and hook and eye (from my stash)! £6.03 for a (unique) dress? That's not too shabby!

The pockets have hares inside them. What fun! :o)

It's a bit late in the year to be making sleeveless dresses but Joanna assures me she has a cardigan to go with it so the dress won't need to hang in the wardrobe until next summer. :o)

6 comments:

  1. Love, love, love. I've got a thing about hares at the moment and they look fab on that beautiful dress. Lucky girl, Joanna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I got the downie cover out of Asda's. I do like a bargain!

      Delete
  2. Can I say "so cute", even though Joanna is a grown woman. I'm with Jo, as I love hares too. Glad you took the time to rest, then finish the next day. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. I'm just glad my back gives me warning that I need to stop. i've learned to listen to it too which makes the next day more comfortable! :o)

      Delete
  3. Fantastic dress Anne! How come I never find duvet covers like that!!! Good on you for taking a break and resting your back!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. Asda's is the place to find the duvet covers. If they're not in the sale aisle, they'll be in the aisle with all the rest of the duvet covers. :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)