Monday, 7 September 2015

random sewing from my camera

I was loading photos from my camera on to my computer and realised there were some things I'd made that hadn't been blogged about. I'm sorting that now.

First of all, a tablecloth that I made from the back of the hares downie cover that I used for Joanna's dress. £3.50 for a tablecloth? Not too shabby!

A couple of doll's skirts I made last week. The wee girl who I made all the clothes (and coathangers) for back in June - see here, here and here - was coming for a visit with her Granny (my sister), her mum (my niece), and her new baby sister (my great-niece who I made the baby quilt for back in June).

Joanna and Tilly came too and a good time was had by all. Tilly barked more during the visit than I've ever heard her bark before but, thankfully, wee girl S thought it was hilarious and baby A didn't get upset at all.

Last Thursday was the start of the season for the choir I sing in. I went up to change into my good trousers to go to rehearsal and was astonished/delighted to find that the trousers were too big for me. They were so big, there was no way I could wear them out. I just put my not-so-good pair back on and went out to sing Christmas carols in September.

Naturally, the first thing I did on Friday was make myself a new pair of trousers - a whole size smaller than the old ones. Go me!!

I used my old favourite trouser pattern, Simplicity 5844, view E.

I have some navy and brown fabrics in my stash that are now ear-marked for trousers. Can't just have one pair of trousers that fit!!

10 comments:

  1. Well done on the smaller trousers - that must have been such a good feeling, finding that the others were too big! I'm surprised that I can get into my clothes, after all the superb eating we did last week with Anna!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really surprised that my trousers were so big. I am trying to watch what I'm eating but didn't think it was working as my weight is the same as it's been for years. Just goes to show that weight isn't everything!

      Delete
  2. Why can't I find a pair of trousers in my wardrobe which are too big for me? It's the other way around with me, I'm afraid. Those little skirts are so cute, I bet your great niece loves her dolly and all the things she's got to dress her in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying not to eat anything between meals and have changed from drinking coffee (which needs a spoonful of sugar) to tea which I take with nothing in it. No fizzy drinks or juice either - just plain water. I keep telling myself I'm doing myself some good but the weight just stays the same. *sigh*

      S didn't have her dolly with her so she immediately put the flowery skirt on her stuffed elephant! LOL

      Delete
  3. How great about the trousers!!! You must have been very pleased. I hope that you have fun singing with the choir, even if it is getting ready for carols in September! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really chuffed and surprised about the trousers! Yay!

      It does seem strange singing carols in September but, if we don't start learning them now - we sing without music at our concerts - we won't know them in time.

      Delete
  4. The little skirts are delightful and I found in amongst my wool the other day, a Barbie outfit I started for my granddaughter that I'd forgotten about so may finish that off, whilst watching TV of a night. Great about the trousers. I was only wondering about your choir singing and if you were still doing it the other day. My friend Janette sings with a choir and I'm off to a concert either Friday night or Sunday. I'm rubbish at singing. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. I always think the summer holidays are so long when the choir breaks up in June. Next thing you know, it's September and we're learning Christmas carols! Time does fly by!

      Delete
  5. Wow Anne -- I've had a little bit of a catch up and you've been VERY busy -- tons of sewing, (as usual!) and it all looks great! And BIG Congrats on the weight loss!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna. Sadly there's no weight loss but only size loss. I'll take it though! :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)