Tuesday, 15 September 2015

more trousers, some cutting out and an anniservary*

I had a bit of a busy week last week and didn't get much sewing done - compared to my normal output anyway! I did get a pair of navy trousers made. Same pattern as the one-size-smaller ones I made last week - Simplicity 5844, view E.

I put them on this morning and couldn't get the button fastened. Why? Because I hadn't cut the buttonhole open. What a numpty! It was a bit awkward trying to cut the buttonhole open without taking the trousers off but I managed it!

I did manage to get some cutting out done. These are the top and dress for Joanna which I made muslins for a couple of weeks ago. I need to get on with these or it won't be just a cardigan she'll need to wear with them but thermal underwear and fur-lined boots!

Douglas and I went out for a meal tonight to our favourite Italian restaurant to celebrate our 36th wedding anniversary. 36 years! A-ma-zing! The meal was fab, the company unbeatable and, because we were there early, we were the only ones in the restaurant for about 20 minutes which was lovely!

Before we went, Joanna had face-timed us to wish us a "Happy Anniservary*". Her parting comment was "thanks for getting married!". It made us both laugh!

*When Debbie was very young, my mum had tried to teach her to say "Happy Anniversary". Mum thought she'd learned it but, when it came time for her to say it to us, she came out with "Happy Anniservary" and so that's what's been said every year since then. :o)

16 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!! Congratulations on so many happy years of marriage. Here's to many more!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many congratulations. It's some achievement these days when marriages seem to break up before they've even got going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I know what you mean! :o)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations. By the way, I love that book! (Savour the Moment)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Fran. Me too. I'm trying not to read it too quickly! LOL

      Delete
  4. Happy Anniservary from me too!! We love mis-pronounced words in this house, especially "yelellow", which came from my attempts to teach a friend's little boy to say yellow instead of lellow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad we're not the only ones who use mis-pronounced words. "Slef" (as in "self") is another one we use a lot and "poop" for "soup". Saying we're having "chicken poop for lunch" always makes me want to giggle! LOL

      Delete
  5. A very Happy Anniversary! Well done on 36 years, and well done on the button hole!! :-D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chel. It would have been much safer for my body to have taken the trousers off to cut the buttonhole but I was just too lazy. :oD

      Delete
  6. Happy Anniservary, mama and papa! And again, thank you for getting married. :D Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary Anne! We have 36 years too -- soon to be 37 though. You always inspire me -- you're so productive with your clothing sewing -- I think clothes are my favorite thing to make and I don't know why I drag my feet making them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna. Happy Anniservary to you and your hubby when it comes!

      I love making clothes too although I don't fit "straight out of the envelope" any more so it can also be a pain in the you-know-what! ;o)

      Delete
  8. Happy belated 'anniservary'. Hope you had lovely evening and did you wear your "new" trousers? K and I had 38 this year, though we've lived together for over 40 now and as Jo said about breaking up before they get started, we both had that, but as far as second marriages for us both go, we are fine. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. No, I wore my spotty skater dresses - more room in it to indulge in the good food! LOL

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)