Sunday, 9 August 2015

verbing

I had this random thought that I would choose some verbs and then write something beside each one. This is what today's verbing list looks like.

Baking: This week I baked Meg's Biscuits - recipe here

Buying: Not much other than food. I'm trying not to buy fabric unless I have a definite plan for it. I'm not sure how long that will last but at least I'm trying! ;o)

Cooking: For tea tonight we had fish and chips.

Drinking: Coffee until lunchtime, tea after that with a glass of milk at teatime.

Enjoying: that the pain in my back has gone for now. I know it will be back - it's one of the symptoms of psoriatic arthritis so I just have to put up with it as best as I can.

Feeling: fine, thanks. See "enjoying". :o)

Hearing: the computer humming and the telly in the living room where Douglas is watching who-knows-what! Sounds like a James Bond film.

Hoping: that summer isn't over yet! I could do with some more sun, please.

Knowing: that my "hoping" above could come to nothing and that we might just slip into autumn.

Looking: At the Simplicity/New Look website where there's a half-price sale. I wonder if I'll be able to resist? Probably not!

Making: plans to do some odd jobs in the house.

Reading: something on my Kindle. I love that you can get free Kindle books on Amazon. Some of them aren't that great but, when they're free, it's not that big a deal to stop reading if the book is bad. Mostly I enjoy what I choose.

Sewing: I have a jacket cut out for myself then I have a few things to make for Joanna.

Singing: I have the theme song of "Outlander" going around my head. It's basically "The Skye Boat Song" but with different words.

Sorting: I'm going through the drawers in my bedroom. I sorted some of my necklaces and earrings this morning. I tidied them up a bit and, although nobody else would notice, I like that they're tidier now.

Thinking: that Christmas is coming soon and, if I plan to make things, I need to get a move on.

Watching: The Great British Bake Off is back on the telly. I *love* it!

Wearing: I usually start the day off in a skirt & top but, by lunchtime, I'm back into my trousers with a cardigan and socks in the attempt to keep warm. (see "Hoping"!)

14 comments:

  1. Reading. Your lovely blog and the happy life you share with us! And, shopping... need to get some walnuts to make that walnut cake that was on the bake off :) Have a wonderful week xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chel. :o)

      I would make that walnut cake but I'm not fond of walnuts so Douglas would have to eat it all himself. He would too ... if I let him! ... but I'm not going to! :oD

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed that Anne. I love the Skye Boat Song and have it as the first tune on a CD which I can't play at the moment because our radio/CD player is not working properly. I do hope the weather keeps a little warmth for you before autumn comes. Glad the back is feeling better for now. Take care and look forward to seeing some of your new makes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. We had torrential rain here today so I think I'm being a bit hopeful that summer will stay around!

      Delete
  3. I have to agree with your hoping. Though it looks very much like we're going to go straight to autumn. I've had to resort to wearing socks and even a camisole the weather has been so cold recently. I don't ever remember wearing a camisole in July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our July was so cold that our central heating came on by itself a few times. Ahhhh, the joys of living in Scotland!

      Delete
  4. A brilliant list! I was hoping today that the forecast would be wrong and it wouldn't rain, so I hung out the washing ...... big mistake, it was a mad dash to get it all back in again! Then I have to add painting, which is waht I will be doing all day tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same, Anne. I hung out my swimming costume and towels after I got back from the pool this morning (after washing them, of course) and within minutes it started raining so I had to go and get them and tumble dry them. *sigh*

      Delete
  5. You seem nice and busy, Anne! I can't wait until they show the GBBO here. They did for the first time this past winter, showing what you saw over there last summer. I hope they do the same this coming winter. I really loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember my daughter telling me it was on in the US and she wondered if the American ending of "Alaska-gate" might be different from our ending! LOL

      Delete
  6. Those biscuits look delicious. I love my Kindle, I've read a couple of books on it that I got for free. It's brilliant when I can't sleep during the night because I don't have to turn the light on and wake Mick. I'm hoping that summer isn't over too, I don't think it's ever got going this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought I would love my Kindle as much as I do. I was one of those "I'd prefer a book" readers but I find myself happy to read either these days. :o)

      Delete
  7. This is such a cool blog post - totally stealing! And you forgot that when I mentioned that I hoped #Alaskagate had a different ending in the US, Iain retweeted me!! Fame at last! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have quite a list of verbs going which I add to when I think of something so I'm hoping to do quite a few of these posts. I'd forgotten that you were famous! LOL

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)