Friday, 21 August 2015

needlecord jacket and more LTP blocks

I finished the needlecord jacket I was making the other day. It's another version of Butterick 5616, view B which I've previously made in denim blogged about here and red blogged about here.

I didn't want to risk any funny-face self-taken photos so I asked Douglas to take some of me. I don't know what he said to me before he took this one but I bet it was something rude! ;o)

I see he managed to get his own thumb on the bottom of that photo. Honestly, you just can't get the staff! :oD

I think I was giving him the "for goodness sake take a decent photo" look in this one! LOL

I love this jacket just as much as the denim and red ones. I have some royal blue fabric that I might make another one with - might. I haven't decided yet. I wonder about having 4 jackets from the same pattern but then, why not? If I love the jackets - and will wear every one of them - I say just go for it!

In other sewing, I've been keeping on with my LTP (long term project) blocks.

They're not arranged in any particular order - just 4 blocks laid out together to make a bigger square.

I'm really enjoying this project. It's fun going through the scraps and remembering where I bought them or who gave them to me or what I used them for - or all of the above!

This is a very pleasing pile of 27 blocks done. I don't know how many I'm going to make but I'll just keep going for now.

14 comments:

  1. Hi Ann,
    Love that jacket, it really suits you. If you find a pattern that you are comfortable with, make it as many times as you like.
    i have a mcalls skirt pattern that i must have made about 6 times or more over the years, in every type fabric you can think of but each time it looks slightly different and it's so comfortable to wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Kim. I have so many blouses made from my 2 favourite patterns so why not make more and more of this jacket? Makes perfect sense to me! :o)

      Delete
  2. I think the fact that you're making the jacket in different colours and with different fabric makes it look totally different even though the pattern's the same so I say go for it, make as many as you want, they all look fabulous. Your LTP blocks are a good way of putting lots of different memories together through fabric, they're looking good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. You're right - each jacket does look different from the others even though they're made from the same pattern. :o)

      Delete
  3. Lovely jacket - you look stunning, as always. Also looking forward to seeing just how large the LTP will be by the time you're finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beanie. I was thinking of making 64 blocks but I've probably got enough scraps to make 640 - or more!! - so I'll just keep going until I get bored with it. :o)

      Delete
  4. That jacket looks lovely and glad Douglas made you laugh as it made me smile too. Now those blocks are looking great and it's amazing how many different fabrics you have in there. Before we moved, I ironed a whole lot of leftover binding bits for a picnic quilt, but haven't found them yet! Probably sitting right in front of my nose (lol). Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you go searching for your binding you'll probably find lots of other things you didn't know you'd "lost" and get distracted by them. At least, that's what always happens to me. :oD

      Delete
  5. Have as many jackets as you want!!!!! Love the LTP blocks - I must organise some of my scraps for something similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne. I'm having so much fun making those blocks. I think part of that is because I only do a few at a time so I don't get overwhelmed by the amount of scraps I have!

      Delete
  6. Hey if it works and you like it - have as many as you want! The pale blue really suits you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I liked the fabric when I bought it but I was a bit concerned that it was a bit pale for me. I actually like it even more made up! :o)

      Delete
  7. The jacket is fabulous and looks fabulous on you! Douglas took great pictures too! Much better to employ a photographer I reckon! Your squares are looking good! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Amy. At least, if I get someone else to take the photos, I can blame them for my funny faces! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)