Tuesday, 4 August 2015

more LTP blocks and a production

I haven't been doing much sewing this past week as my back has been a pain - literally. It's been a lot better the last few days so I made a few more of my long term project blocks.

This isn't the final placement - it's just a way of showing 4 blocks at a time.

I even dug into my Christmas scraps to make a couple of Christmas blocks. Fun!

On Saturday evening, we went to an outdoor production of Shakespeare's "As You Like It" at Falkand Palace. It was wonderful - the play and the acting and our picnic. The weather was not. Honestly! The last day in July and everyone was in winter jackets wearing hats and gloves (forgot mine!) with blankets over their knees or around their shoulders or both. It even rained a time or two but there was no way you could put brollies up as the folk behind wouldn't have been able to see. I just burrowed down into my winter coat and pretended I was a turtle!

I don't have any photos of the production so I'll just show the chairs we bought to take with us. Cheap garden foldy up things but they did the job beautifully.

If we go to another outdoor production next year, I'll be digging out the thermals, the gloves, the woolly hat and taking a flask (or 3) of tea to keep me cosy! Mind you, with the car seat heaters on in Douglas's car on the way home, it didn't take too long to defrost.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, the blocks are coming along beautifully and are so bright and gay. It's a shame about the weather at your Shakespear outdoor venue, but hopefully when you get to another one, it'll be warm and dry. Hope the back keeps improving and take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. I think I've given up on us ever having a summer this year. Our heating has even come on by itself in the mornings a few days!! Not good!

      Delete
  2. Your blocks are so nice and neat. They look great. I'm sorry about the weather at the play, how disappointing and uncomfortable that must have been. I think it says a lot about you that you'd stick it out at a Shakespearean production in terrible weather, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. I was a bit worried that I wouldn't understand a lot of the Shakespeare - it's been a long time since I did any Shakespeare at school - but it was actually okay once you "got your ear in".

      Delete
  3. I hope that your back is much better now, take care of yourself. Glad that you had those pretty chairs to sit on at the play. Really the weather has been so odd hasn't it, I wish that it would just be summery!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. I'm not allowing myself to sew for hours on end and that's helping a lot with my back pain. I just have to learn to stop!! I'm beginning to think that we're not going to get a summer this year - or that what little we are going to get, we've had. That's a bit depressing a thought for the beginning of August!

      Delete
  4. Your LTP blocks are super - an excellent way to reduce the scrap basket! I hope your back continues to improve - it is so wearing to have a bad back. This has been a strange summer weather-wise, but even as I type this, a glimmer of sun has appeared!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep thinking that the scraps will reduce but it doesn't seem like they are. Maybe I just have way too many scraps! LOL

      We actually had some sun today so I went out to the garden to do some tidying. It was so blimmin windy I had to come back in! *sigh*

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)