Monday, 17 August 2015

a blouse and 2 skirts

Last week I did some unselfish sewing - a blouse and a couple of skirts for Joanna. The blouse is another version of the Lottie blouse which I made back in February this year. This is the pattern - I think it came "free" with a magazine.

The photo is a bit fuzzy but I hope you get the idea.

Next I made a couple of skirts. The pattern is McCall's 5523:

I also made this skirt back in February for Joanna. You can read about the previous incarnations of the blouse and skirt here.

The first skirt is black - fairly plain on the front.

But with a fish-tail on the back.

As usual, I didn't make facings at the waist but used some fancy home-made bias binding instead.

The second skirt is a dark brown version of the same pattern. Plain on the front -

Fish-tail on the back.

With some fancy bias binding inside.

I am past the half-way mark of the jacket I cut out for myself. I could have finished it today but the sun was shining so I decided to make the most of it and went outside instead. I believe rain is forecast for tomorrow - quelle surprise! - so I'll maybe get the jacket finished tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. I love the fishtail on the back of the skirts! I have two skirts that I bought years ago in M&Co - same pattern, different colours. They are cut on the bias and I always feel smart in them. They are well worn now, so I think I will have to take one apart to make a pattern!
    The forecast isn't good for today - of course it's bad, as I have a big basket of washing from yesterday waiting to be hung out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne. It was fair here until about morning snack time and then it started raining. I don't think it's stopped since! The schools go back tomorrow so I'm hoping that the weather will change for the better. It always seemed to do that when I was teaching!

      Delete
  2. How lovely of you to do some unselfish sewing!!! I am sure that Joanna will enjoy wearing all the things you made. I love the tartan binding for the skirt!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. Joanna is always appreciative when I make her something to wear. :o)

      Delete
  3. How lovely to have a mum who can make you clothes. My mum was a knitter rather than a sewer. It's been a rubbish day here today, rain all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, ours was rubbish too. I was watching the weather forecast for tomorrow and the chap specifically mentioned that Yorkshire would be better than it was today so there's hope for you, Jo.

      Delete
  4. Anne, you do such beautiful sewing, that I'm envious. The finish is superb and now I think I may pull out some "old" dress fabric and maybe make something for Spring, though as I write this there is both frost and fog outside and it's cold. I've also been watching GBSB and it got me thinking too. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. As I was making the skirts I was thinking that I should make more skirts as they don't take long to make- even with that fancy fish-tail thing. Plain ones would be even quicker! Must look and see what I have in my skirt-fabric pile!

      Delete
  5. I love the skirts and the blouse - thank you so much for making them for me! You are a genius!! Mwa! J xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)