Wednesday, 22 July 2015

zebras in her pockets!

I bet Joanna's the only person in the country who can say she has zebras in her pockets! What am I on about? Well, I'll tell you.

I don't know if you remember that I bought a downie cover last summer with zebras on it? I decided I wouldn't wear it with the white background so I dyed it blue - here's the post explaining that.

Then, after much thought, I realised I probably wasn't brave enough to wear zebras myself but I thought Joanna might. I was going to make her another McCall's 6696 dress but decided I wasn't prepared to deal with the problems of zebras slap-bang on top of nippular areas on such a big print! That post is here.

Anyway, after making my version of the Felicity dress last month, I thought it would be the perfect pattern to use with the zebras - no darts on the bodice part so no zebras would be cut up their middles (or bottoms!) by darts! I am soooooooo pleased with the way it all turned out.

The bodice is meant to be gathered but, like my own version, I pleated it instead.

Here are the zebras in her pockets.

And in the other pocket.

Best thing - Joanna loves it!

This was again made from a duvet cover and, as it was King sized, I managed to get the dress out of one side of the cover so there's the whole of the other side waiting to be used. I wonder if I dare make myself a zebra dress too? Joanna and I would need to consult with each other so we didn't both wear them on the same day but that wouldn't be hard. I wonder if I dare?

22 comments:

  1. Of course you dare, it's lovely. And the best thing....no problems with nip nops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. Nip nops! I love it! LOL

      Delete
  2. That's a gorgeous dress, Anne! Lucky Joanna to have such a talented mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great. That was an excellent dye job - mine always end up looking yeuch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Fran. The washing machine did all the work! :o)

      Delete
  4. It's really lovely - has turned out so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, zebra fabric, which I've never seen. It's a lovely dress and did you dye the whole duvet blue? If not maybe yours could be a different colour. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. Yes, I did dye the whole duvet so it's blue for me as well!

      Delete
  6. Do it. It is gorgeous, but yes you need to co-ordinate when you wear it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally. I'm definitely thinking about making one for me! :o)

      Delete
  7. I do love it - thank you, mama! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. You go girl!! You could go out together and claim you are twins!!
    Seriously, the dress looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne. I don't think we'll ever be confused for twins but the thought made me laugh. :oD

      Delete
  9. Fabulous!!!! What a fantastic dress and of course I love your descriptions about possible chopped or misplaced zebras!! Hee hee!!! I think that you and Joanna should both have a zebra dress and that you should indeed wear them together! I love the blue background, much better than white! Another Anne sewing triumph! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love it. It looks great dyed blue. The neckline looks lovely. Go on make yourself one.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ali. I'm definitely considering one for myself! :o)

      Delete
  11. What a clever idea. I can't believe that was a duvet cover! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)