Well, I went searching in my iPhoto and found the photos I took of last year's top. If I tell you that this is the best of that bunch by a long, long, long, long way, it's probably quite clear how it didn't get blogged about! Honestly, when I saw this photo, I just had to laugh. Nothing changes with me taking photos of me, eh? LOL
Anyway, I made another top using that pattern. And here it is.
The neckline is supposed to have a bias binding facing on the inside but, since I was using stripes, I thought it would be cool to have the bias stripes showing on the outside so that's what I did.
And then, since I had somehow managed to cut the first attempt at the bias for the neckline too short - and on a double layer of fabric as well - I had enough bias to add a wee bit to the sleeve hems too. Lovely!
Now, when I made this new top, I lowered the armhole by about 1cm as the only thing that bugs me about the spotty top from last year was that the armhole/side seam joins were just a smidge too high. Well, whilst diving into my fabric piles the other day, I noticed I still had some of the spotty fabric I'd used in last year's top so I decided today to replace the sleeves on the old top lowering the armhole/side seam join by 1 cm in the process. So here's last year's top with this year's sleeves.
A much better photo than last year's attempt! LOL