Sunday, 7 June 2015

quilts, doll's clothes and bow ties

I finished both the dolly quilt and the baby quilt this week. I sewed a label on both - not a tartan bee label as this is a personal gift.

I asked Grace if she'd demostrate how the quilt will look with its new dolly owner and she was very obliging. Thanks, Grace! :o)

I'd finished the quilting on the baby quilt. Originally I was just going to do one set of diagonals as I'd done on the dolly's quilt but I felt it would be more secure with the second set sewn too.

Then I sewed on the stripey binding.

My helper is so used to holding the quilts up for me that we managed to get the photo in one take!

He even knew that I'd want one with some of the back fleece showing! Thanks, Douglas! :o)

Yesterday I had a ton of fum making some dolly's clothes for the dolly who will own the quilt. First I made a blouse - exactly like the one Grace has on in the second photo above. She loves that blouse so I hope the new owner will too!

Then a wee gathered skirt:

A sundress:

And a pair of pants - every self-repecting dolly needs to wear pants! :oD

I plan to make more dolly's clothes as they're just so much fun - and I can use those scraps of fabric left over from my own dressmaking that I keep "just in case"!

In the middle of all that making, I had to make another couple of bow ties for the new men we have in our choir. I have it all written down exactly what to do so it literally takes me minutes to make them.

There's only one in these photos but I did make two!

12 comments:

  1. Big quilt, little quilt and dolly clothes are all so lovely!!!! The new owner is going to be very lucky!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. I hope she'll enjoy playing with them as much as I've enjoyed making them for her. :o)

      Delete
  2. Fabulous, beautiful quilts and pretty dolly clothes. Someone's very lucky having such perfect gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Anne. your quilts and dolly clothes are just beautiful. What a lucky girl who gets them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All so sweet. Fingers crossed the dolly and quilt are for me!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could get the blonde dolly and we could both make clothes and quilts until the cows come home. How much fun would that be? :oD

      Delete
  5. My goodness you have been busy - I'm worn out just reading about it! I love the fleece on the back of the baby quilt - I haven't seen on like that. I haven't made doll's clothes for ages - maybe I should treat my rag doll to a new outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the scottie fleece in Matalan, Anne. It cost £5! Yes, £5!! I've had a lot of fun making these doll's clothes and I have plans for even more!

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous stuff. I love the dolly clothes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)