Wednesday, 10 June 2015

dolly's dress and jammies

I've been sewing some more dolly's clothes. First a wee dress:

It fastens at the top of the back with velcro:

And has a button on the outside to make it look like it fastens with a button. I'll need to tell the mummy to watch the child if she's one who chews things. My two never did chew things like buttons but I know some do so, mummy might have to cut the button off if that's the case.

I then made some cosy jammies.

Again, these are fastened at the back with velcro with buttons on the outside.

I must admit, I might make the dolly wear this top back to front because to me, buttons on the back of your jammies would be so uncomfortable to sleep in!

I have a piece of denim sitting on my sewing room table with the intentions of making a denim skirt for the dolly. I don't have a pattern for this so we'll have to wait and see how that one turns out!

16 comments:

  1. These are so gorgeous. Dolly could sleep on her tummy and then the buttons wouldn't be a problem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gillian. Now I didn't think of her sleeping on her front! LOL

      Delete
  2. They're brilliant. She's going to be the best dressed dolly in town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I'm having so much fun with these! :o)

      Delete
  3. So, So, Sweet Anne! I love the doll clothes, the dolly blanket AND the baby quilt -- Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna. Sewing dolly clothes is so much fun!

      Delete
  4. What fabulous clothes!! I wouldn't mind a pair of those PJ's myself! Buttons on the back would be fine for me as I sleep on my front! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! I usually sleep on my side or my back so it didn't occur to me that dolly could sleep on her front! LOL

      Delete
  5. All so cute. And Tilly says that they're all so tasty, too!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She hardly got a bite of them, cheeky wee monkey! :oD

      Delete
  6. Lucky dolly to be wearing this! I will need to ask you to make some bandanas for my future little rescue dog :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chel. I need to go and investigate dog bandanas! (I wrote "dog bananas" which made me giggle! :oD)

      Delete
  7. They came out so well, Anne. I love doll's clothes. I find them a little tricky to make but it's fun too. My daughter is doll-crazy and we have a pretty good little wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. They can be a bit fiddly but the end result is so much fun! I'm sure you could make GB's dolly a couple of skirts to match the ones you made for GB! :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)