Thursday, 25 June 2015

at last - a denim jacket for me

This week I've been busy sewing a denim jacket for myself. I've *always* wanted a denim jacket but, when I tried them on in the shops, they just never looked right on me. Don't know why. Anyway, when I saw this pattern, I decided I'd have a go at making one for myself.

I made view B but I lengthened the sleeves by 2" which made them full-length on me. I also decided not to put the pockets on (you can see them better in the white version) - no emphasis needed on the boobular area for me! :oD

Yesterday I tried to take photos of myself wearing it and not one of them was any use so here's the finished jacket on Diana the dummy.

I found some buttons in my stash which are perfect. I know they'll never be closed - does anyone ever close a denim jacket?

As I said, the photos I took of myself wearing the jacket were not good but this one made me laugh. What was I thinking taking the photo from this angle? :oD

10 comments:

  1. Lovely. I've never had a denim jacket, I once had a denim gilet though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks good - excellent top-stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne. I made myself go slowly with the top-stitching so it would (hopefully) stay straight!

      Delete
  3. This is nice! I would love one like that but the longer length....I find that denim jackets in stores are way to short for me. This turned out so well!!!!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. I am really chuffed with it! :o)

      Delete
  4. That top stitching is excellent- well done. I could never achieve that - have fun wearing it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela. For the top-stitching, I lined up the seam with the side of my sewing machine foot and sewed slowly - hard for me to do! - and it worked really well.

      Delete
  5. I had a denim jacket decades ago, but not since, I would love one too though. It looks really good on Diana, but I bet that it looks better on you!!! I love the buttons, they are so cute! Perhaps you should get your daughter to take some pictures of you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. I definitely need someone else to take photos of me. Even Diana the dummy would do a better job than I do! LOL

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)