Monday, 15 June 2015

and finally ... for now, anyway

I finished up my doll's clothes making (for now) with a wee denim skirt:

It fastens with velcro and has some metal buttons on the outside like a "real" denim skirt.

Then I made some denim shorts:

A wee red blouse:

And a wee purple blouse:

Then I had a notion to make some coathangers for all these doll's clothes so I hunted on Pinterest and found a tutorial here. I don't know if my lolly sticks were thinner than the ones used in that tutorial but I needed to use 2 in the middle to get the cut-out for the hook to be deep enough. Needless to say, me + hot glue = burnt fingers! Ouch!!

But it was worth it. They're so great!

I even added some hangers to the skirts and shorts so they can hang too. I used hair elastics which I've had in a drawer for a really, really long time.

I'm a bit sad that this doll's clothes making spree has come to an end. But, you never know, with all the scraps I have, I could just make more when I get the urge and send them to the wee lass who'll be getting this lot in the next day or so. It's been too much fun to stop making them for long! :o)

10 comments:

  1. Ahhh! I'm overloaded with the cuteness of these clothes. I really need to get on making some more myself. You're really good at this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. It all reminded me of when my own girls were wee. I'd make a skirt for them and one for their dolls with the leftovers. Fun times! :o)

      Delete
  2. Oh that is too cute!!!! I love that you made hangers as well, that really is a great finishing touch. This dolly is going to be the best dressed and most snuggly - in her quilt! - doll in the world! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. Hopefully the wee lass will enjoy playing with them all! :o)

      Delete
  3. That doll is going to be better dressed than me!! And I love the hangers- they are just so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne. Apart from the burnt fingers, the coathangers were fun to make! :o)

      Delete
  4. They're all so lovely. There must be a market for dolls clothes, just could try adding some little outfits to your shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I had thought of adding them to the tartan bee but I'd be worried that it would make it not fun any more so, for now, I'm just going to make them when I need to. :o)

      Delete
  5. I love all the little doll clothes you made, and the hangers were so cute too! I was thinking if you love doing doll clothes ever thought about dog clothes?

    I like Jo's, above me, idea of trying to market the doll clothes in your shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Les. No, dog's clothes would be a step too far, methinks!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)