Tuesday, 2 June 2015

a baby quilt and a dolly quilt

I managed to get the new baby quilt top sewn together at the weekend. I love it!

I decided I wasn't in the mood to pin it to its backing fleece so I dug out some more coloured squares and white sashings and started plans for a dolly's quilt to sort of match the baby quilt.

This time the coloured/patterned squares are 2½" (2" finished) and the sashings are 1½" wide, finishing at 1" wide.

I started sewing them together ...

... and got the quilt top done really quite quickly. I love this one too! This is it pinned to the fleece backing.

I had already been back to the shop where I bought the fleece to buy another one for the back of the doll's quilt. Can you blame me? The wee scottie dogs are adorable!

I then pinned the baby quilt on to its fleece backing.

Here's the dolly quilt all quilted and bound. It finishes at about 25" square. I'm sure any dolly would love to be wrapped in this quilt.

I've now started quilting the baby quilt. Hopefully I'll get the rest of it done tomorrow and then get the binding sewn on too. Fingers crossed! :o)

14 comments:

  1. They look great Anne and I'm sure somebody is going to be very happy with them. Well done and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both quilts are really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the baby quilt, and the doll's quilt is sweet - now you will need to make a doll's bed to put it on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, I like that idea. Thanks, Anne! :o)

      Delete
  4. They're fabulous, and I love the fleece too, such cute little Scottie dogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. As soon as I saw the scottie dogs, I knew I had to buy it! :o)

      Delete
  5. How adorable!!!! I love the idea of a childs quilt with a dolls to go with it and of course the Scotties are far too cute!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. I've had fun making both of these quilts which makes it much easier to get them done! :o)

      Delete
  6. What a great idea to make matching quilts. I've been thinking about doing just the same for my daughter. I'd like to make a quilt for her and am also planning several bedding items for a doll's bed that will be built by my husband as a gift for her. It would be so nice to have the doll's bed match hers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right, Jennifer. I'm sure your wee girl would love her quilt to match her dolly's quilt - and vice versa! :o)

      Delete
  7. That dolly quilt is adorable Anne -- and how perfect are those Scotty dogs ... for ... Scotland!!! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL You're so right, Anna. :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)