Friday, 19 June 2015

2 blouses

Here are the blouses I made for myself this week. Let me tell you, after sewing doll's clothes, it's amazing how long it takes to sew a "normal-sized" blouse! LOL

First is the one I showed briefly in my happy things post the other day when I was sewing the buttonholes. It's New Look 6407, view E as used many, many times before.

I don't seem able to take a photo of myself without making stupid faces. I suppose I should be glad it's not grumpy this time! :oD

The fabric doesn't show up in that photo too well, so here's the buttonhole photo again so you can see it more clearly.

The second blouse is another version of my other favourite blouse pattern - McCall's 5359.

I ran out of my usual soft iron-on interfacing and used a slightly stiffer interfacing on the collar and front facing of this blouse. I'm hoping it'll soften after it's been in the wash a few times.

I love the teal with the white spots.

I even had buttons to match both of these blouses in my collection. Yay!! :o)

14 comments:

  1. I can't take pictures of myself without making funny faces either! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took about 8 photos and every one was worse than the one before it! You think you're smiling sensibly and it turns out you look like a real nutcase! LOL

      Delete
  2. Ha ha ha - it's a beautiful shirt but you do look a little surprised by it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! At least "Santa ain't got no grumpy face" this time! :oD

      Delete
  3. Lovely. We just need some sunshine now but it's like winter again today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the same here, Jo. I've even had to wear socks to bed the last couple of nights as my feet were so cold!!

      Delete
  4. Great selfie! I can't do them because my daughter says I am looking too inspirational in the :-D Great blouses, are they good with jumpers bearing in mind the weather we are having? Have a great weekxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chel. I wear them with cardigans. Maybe soon I might be able to wear them on their own! Hopefully!

      Delete
  5. I hope we now get some better weather for you to wear your stylish new creations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the nights are fair drawin' in now so maybe it's already too late!! Let's hope not!

      Delete
  6. ps - I have been able to leave comments again in my normal way - hooray!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)