Tuesday, 26 May 2015

starry, starry blouse

I've been making another blouse. It's one of my favourite patterns - New Look 6407, view E. (I don't even need to look up the number any more. I've made it so many times, I know the number off by heart! LOL)

I love this blouse. Love the starry, starry fabric.

I got the fabric in the remnant box sometime last year and paid £4 for it. Bargain indeed for pure cotton fabric! Yet again I had the dilemma of not having the right colour of buttons in my vast collection so I had to go and buy some. I paid 45p each for those (not so special) buttons. Aaargh!

To solve my button dilemma, Joanna has come up with a plan. I'm to go through all the fabrics I have in my stash that I might make a blouse or a dress with. Then I have to buy some buttons from eBay to go with each of those fabrics. If it's definitely going to be a blouse, I need 6 buttons. If it's going to be a dress (like I made for Joanna's birthday), I need 10 buttons. If I can't make up my mind if it'll be a blouse or a dress, then I buy 10 buttons so I can make either. It sounds like a genius idea, don't you think?

12 comments:

  1. I think that your daughters idea is a great one! I love that you know you love this pattern and can just turn to it and make it! Very clever of you!!!! Another lovely blouse! Happy sewing!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. I keep thinking of doing what Joanna suggested but haven't got very far with it - but I will ... some time! :o)

      Delete
  2. Isn't it funny how we never have the right fabric/buttons/yarn/trims ........ not matter how big our stashes are!! Love the blouse fabric- perfect for summer (when it arrives!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the same every time I need buttons. I have hundreds, maybe thousands of buttons and I never have the right colour or, if I do, I don't have enough. It's sooooo annoying!

      Delete
  3. I think that's a good plan. I don't really use many buttons but I'm always drawn to them, there's some lovely ones. I could spend hours in Duttons For Buttons when I go to York, Ilkley or Harrogate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love going into Duttons for Buttons when we're in York. Mind you, I very rarely buy anything - probably because I forget what I need as soon as I set foot inside the shop! LOL

      Delete
  4. Great plan for the buttons. I have so many and I don't even use them. I need a better plan. :) I love this blouse, the fabric is really cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! I have lots of buttons too - just not the right size or colour or quantity! :o)

      Delete
  5. Pretty blouse, and have you tried Charity shops for buttons. Sometimes over here in Oz, you can find tins or bottles full of buttons. Just a thought. As soon as we are a bit more organised and tidied up, I'll get that parcel on its way. I'm just on catchup after not having any internet for just over a week. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think of going into charity shops for buttons, Susan. In fact, I could probably buy a blouse in a charity shop for less than those buttons cost me. I could then replace the buttons with something from my stash and donate the blouse back to them. Genius idea!

      Delete
  6. Cool blouse - have you started your new button stash yet? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope! Maybe you should do it for me? :oD

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)