Saturday, 16 May 2015

Happy Birthday, Joanna!

First of all, let me say a very warm thank you to all of you who left comments on my last post or sent me e-mails. Your kind words have meant a lot to me and I have read them over and over. It's taking a bit of getting used to but we're getting there. Thank you all so much.

❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎

Today we went out for snack. My choice: lemon drizzle cake and a pot of tea. (Yes, I spilt that water on the table out of my teapot. It was a really bad pourer!)

Joanna's snack: apple and cinnamon scone with a cappuccino.

Douglas's choice: apple and cinnamon scone with a hot chocolate.

It was a special day so it had to be celebrated. What special day? Joanna's birthday!

She is 33 today. What? How did that happen? My baby girl. My last born. My younger child. Is 33???? No, surely not!!

After snack, we came home and she unwrapped her parcels.

This isn't really a massive can of Coke - it's a "piggy" bank.

I made her a dress - McCall's 6696 again.

One of Joanna's most favourite things are Matryoshka dolls so, when I saw this fabric, I knew I *had* to use it for her new dress. I'm so glad I did. She loves it!

Happy Birthday, Joanna! We love you!!

12 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Joanna! It looks like a lovely celebration. The dress you made is adorable. I have a love for matryoshkas too. You're such a sweet mom. I hope she has a great year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your daughter, what cute fabric and the dress is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janet. She had it on today and it looks even better on her! :o)

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday to Joanna. I love that dress, the fabric is wonderful and I like the style too. I know it's a hard time for you all at the moment so it's nice to have something to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I was determined that we celebrate Joanna's birthday - and mine tomorrow. It's what mum would have wanted so we're celebrating! :o)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for all my birthday wishes and my birthday gifts - I love them all. I have such an amazing mum! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you have! LOL Your dress looked even more fabulous on you today. Being 33 is going to be awesome! :o)

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday Joanna. Today (18th) is my youngest son's 21st & his dad's 59th!! May is obviously a bumper birthday month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Fran. It's my birthday today too. A great day for birthdays! :oD

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday to Joanna. Doesn't it seem like you've just brought them home from the hospital and time has flown and they are off creating their own adventures. The dress is beautiful, I love that gorgeous fabric.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Ali. I remember the day we brought her home quite clearly ... clearer than yesterday! :oD

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)