Monday, 18 May 2015

60 today!

Another day of celebration today. For me this time. My 60th birthday!! Wheeeeee!!!

I got lots of lovely gifts.

From Douglas - scarves.

Shoes and a handbag.

A sparkly pink watch. No, he didn't pick any of them, I did. He just paid for and wrapped them! :oD

From Debbie and Jason - soap (made by Debbie), some lemon and lime marmalade (yum), some fudge (yummier) and a copper brooch (also made by Debbie). And a huge cookie made by Jason - it's about 6" across - which I forgot to take a photo of!

From Joanna - a sign for my wall.

And a huge glass jar full of stuff! Oh my goodness, it was fun to dive into that jar to see what was in there.

There were brightly coloured pens - lovely!

And fabrics - lovelier!

And buttons and pompoms and ribbons and sweeties and all sorts of other exciting bits and bobs for me to play with!

The card Joanna made for me made me laugh. Apparently, I'm only 15! Mind you, as I told her, I'd put it on a treble word score so I'd be 45! :oD

36 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Anne! It looks like they spoiled you thoroughly. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. I was most definitely spoiled! :o)

      Delete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, with lots of huggles. Only 60! Don't I wish. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday hope you had a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, love that card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! .....and weren't you just spoiled? What lovely surprises you received. Looks like you had a very nice celebration Oh to be 15 again, LOL!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I don't know, Linda. I think I prefer being 60 to being 15! All that teenage angst? No thanks! :oD

      Delete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOO YOOUUUUUUU! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane! I can almost hear you singing that! :oD

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday a day late! You got some lovely gifts, and I love that card. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday Anne, what lovely presents - gives us all a few ideas. Well done Joanna, Jason and Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday. What fabulous gifts you received, I love the glass jar idea. There'll be no stopping you, you'll be off galavanting now you've got your bus pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I haven't gone to get my bus pass yet but I intend to get it soon! :o)

      Delete
  10. Happy Birthday Anne! What a super haul of goodies - have fun with them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne. I keep diving in the jar just to remind myself of all that was in there!

      Delete
  11. Happy birthday, mama! Love you. J xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beanie! And thanks for the glass full of surprises! :o)

      Delete
  12. Happy Birthday Anne. What wonderful gifts you've received. The scrabble card is fab. I hope you've had a lovely day.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a great day, Ali, thanks! :o)

      Delete
  13. Happy birthday! You got lots of lovely goodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gillian. I did really well! :o)

      Delete
  14. Do you know, I was sure that I said Happy Birthday, but now an I am worried that I didn't!! So, just in case...

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I think you did say it in an e-mail, Amy. But thanks again! :oD

      Delete
  15. Happy Belated Birthday Anne!!! I'm so far behind on blogs and you had a big birthday while I was at quilt market! It looks like it was wonderful -- I LOVE that scrabble card!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna. I had a great day. :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)