Thursday, 16 April 2015

hexagons and a new Nora

I've been crocheting some hexagons recently.

Just crocheting a few in a colour and then moving on to another colour.

This is a closer photo of the hexagon. Easy and fast!

I made the pattern up myself. I'm not claiming it as an original - I just started crocheting one and, after a couple of "not quite right" attempts, this is the pattern I ended up with. (UK crochet terms)

I dug out an old box to keep them safe - Tilly is VERY interested in them and will run off with one - or more - if given half a chance!

But wait! What is wrong with that one sitting out of the box?? Well, it would appear that I can't count to 6 and made a pentagon by mistake. Woops!

I don't know how big this blankie will be but, for now, I'm just going to keep crocheting the hexagons when I can.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go and read more of my brand new Nora Roberts book which got delivered to my Kindle overnight. Perfect timing as I'd just finished the book I was reading! Loving it so far .. but then, it's Nora. Nuff said! :o)

14 comments:

  1. I love the colours........just wish I could crochet, it's on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must get hold of that book, today! I've just started the 5th book in a series you might enjoy as we're both fans of Nora. It's called The Art of Love series by Donna McDonald. The first book is called Carved in Stone and tells the story of Will, newly divorced father of 2 strapping grown up sons, who is 53, a former school principal and a sculptor of male nudes (very interesting!) who is about to start dating again. The books that follow tell his sons stories and I had to re-read the first 3 & a novella just so that I would appreciate book 5. I really enjoyed the stories on the first read and loved them just as much on the second. You get drawn into the world of the Larson men very quickly and I liked that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, thanks for the suggestion, Fran. I just went to investigate on Amazon and have downloaded the first one for my Kindle - it was free!! It sounds exactly like my cup of tea! :o)

      Delete
  3. I love the colours your using for your hexagon blanket, it's going to be bright and cheerful. I've never crocheted a hexagon, nor have I read any Nora Roberts. I've got a few books waiting for me on my Kindle, I just can't read quickly enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hexagons are fairly simple, Jo - as long as you can count up to 6! LOL I have so many books on my Kindle waiting to be read it's almost embarrassing. The best bit is, the vast majority of them were free! Yay! :o)

      Delete
  4. Oh so funny about the penti instead of a hexi! That is the sort of thing I do. As you know I am hexi ing at the moment too, there must be something about them at this time of year!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd forgotten you were hexying too, Amy. Jennifer (thistlebear) is also hexying and hers and mine look almost exactly the same. It's a bit odd but also kind of cool! :o)

      Delete
  5. Tilly just read this post over my shoulder and I have to tell you she's made it her mission to get that box and make it her own!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Tilly's mission will be thwarted if I have anything to do with it! :oD

      Delete
  6. Ooo, lovely! Hexagons and squares are my favourite with crochet, and very addictive! Can't wait to see what you do with these xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colors Anne! I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on this project!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)