Wednesday, 8 April 2015

back and busy already!

We're back from a very enjoyable and relaxing weekend away. I was very pleased with myself because, even though I took my iPad with me and even signed in at the B&B to use its wifi, I only used it once to tell the girls we'd arrived safely. I was really chuffed that I didn't miss using it at all. Any quiet times I had, I read my book. Bliss!

Anyway, now we're back to normal - well, as normal as it gets around these parts! After the mass of washing was done and hung out on the line to dry - yay!! - I decided I really should get on with the baby quilt so that was what I did.

The top:

The back is a bright green fleece with lots of insects on it which I had in my stash. Sounds awful but it's really not!

The binding is one I made a while ago - I do love being able to just choose a binding from the box rather than have to make one!

These are just a few photos of some of my favourite squares. Of course, they're all my favourites, really!

And then, last night I decided to finish off all the ends of the ripple blankie I'd been crocheting over the winter. It looks squint in this photo but that's my fault for not making sure it was lying straight for photographing!

I've already started my next crocheting project. Self-coloured hexagons. I made up the pattern for them this afternoon - go me!! - and have already got 6 made. I'll try to remember to take photos tomorrow to show you!

As usual for me and holidays, it's lovely being away but it's wonderful to get home again! :o)

12 comments:

  1. love the backing on your baby quilt, so colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home, mama! Glad you had a nice time. Loving your projects - I'm not even sure I did that much the whole time you were away!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had such a lazy time when we were away, it was quite nice to be busy again! :o)

      Delete
  3. You haven't told us where you were off galavanting to, glad you had a good time anyway. It's good to get away from technology sometimes and surprising how we don't miss it quite as much as we think we will. The quilt is lovely, I've spied quite a few different fabrics there that I really like and your blanket is fab. It's so hard to get a blanket to lie straight for photo taking, I have the same problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were at Alnwick in Northumberland. It was wonderful and already seems such a long time ago!!

      Thanks for the quilt and blankie love! :o)

      Delete
  4. Love the baby quilt, and your blanket looks good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you had a nice get-away, Anne!

    Love the bright and cheerful baby quilt! Someone is going to love looking at all those different fabrics... I know I would. Ya done good on the afghan too... beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Freda. I hope the baby - and his/her mum - enjoy the quilt for many years to come!

      Delete
  6. I love your little quilt Anne. Patchy -- those are my favorite kinds of quilts! And Yay -- a crochet finish -- Very Pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)