Monday, 20 April 2015

a couple of pinnies and a crateful

I made a couple of pinnies last week which I've kept for myself as I wasn't sure about the fabric I used. It's perfectly good fabric but I wasn't sure how it would hold up to the washing + drying + ironing that a pinny takes.

There's one with butterflies:

And one with roses:

As it happens, they've both been worn and washed + dried + ironed and they held up perfectly well. I sort of knew that would be the case but I just fancied a couple of new pinnies for myself! :oD

Another thing I did was cut out lots of shopping bags (20) and pinnies (10) for sewing for the tartan bee.

I tend to sew these in batches so it's good to have some ready to be sewn for when I feel like sewing some! :o)

12 comments:

  1. Such pretty rose fabric, but my favourite is the foxy hedgehog fabric. I shall look forward to seeing that made up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. The foxy hedgehog fabric is really cool! :o)

      Delete
  2. That butterfly fabric is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are very cute! I love the fabric you choose! I just caught up on all your posts from March and April. My goodness, you have been busy! So many beautiful handmade items! I love your bags! I am curious to know which ones you kept! I loved them all!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. I kept a sheepy bag and the one with the piratey stuff on it. :o)

      Delete
  4. I love the sheepie fabric in your basket!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne. I like that one too! :o)

      Delete
  5. Your aprons are so cute! I need a new apron soon. I have a Cath Kidston one that I bought a few years ago and it's really a prized possession because it's from so far away and it wasn't cheap, but it's starting to fray from wear. I think I'd like to sew a new one for myself. What kind of fabric should I use? I was thinking something like a heavy cotton duck?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. I use cotton curtain fabrics for the pinnies I make. Some are thicker than others but even the butterfly and roses fabrics I used here are cotton curtain fabrics - just lighter in weight that I normally would use - and they work just fine.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)