Friday, 27 March 2015

pink spotty blouse and a start

I made myself another blouse this week. It's yet another Butterick 5526, view A (no pockets) with view D sleeves.

This version is a dusky pink cotton with white spots on it. I *love* it!

I decided to use the same pussy cat buttons I used on a previous blouse - I still have plenty more of these buttons left so I suspect they will be making more appearances on blouses in the future!

My next project is to make another baby quilt. I have an idea of what I want to do so I spent most of my sewing time today cutting masses of 4½" squares. Hopefully, once I get to the sewing stage, it won't take too long to come together. The baby is due soon so I need to get on with it!

9 comments:

  1. Anne, I wish I was not intimidated to try sewing blouses for myself. I think it's all those buttons. You do an amazing job! I love the polka dots and well, those cat buttons are the cutest!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blouse is lovely, very summery and the pussy cat buttons are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I'm wearing the blouse with a polo neck underneath it at the moment but, if it ever warms up a bit more, I'll ditch the polo neck and just wear it as it is. :o)

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful Spring blouse... love the pink and love the kitty buttons! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Freda. I hope it warms up soon so I can get some wear out of it!

      Delete
  4. Oh your blouse has brightened my day and the buttons are the cats whiskers. Ali xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)