Thursday, 12 February 2015

on the mend

First of all, thank you all for your kind comments on my last post.

I'm not fully recovered from my bout of flu but I am much, much better. I still have a bad cough and not much energy but I am definitely on the mend. Hoooray!!!!

Unfortunately, it would seem that I've passed it on to Douglas. As I type, he's sitting on the couch sneezing and coughing and generally feeling yucky. I hope he doesn't get exactly what I had. All joking about man-flu aside, I don't think he'd be as good a patient as I was in that I lay on the couch for 3 days and barely moved. I don't think Douglas could do that even if I sat on him! Fingers crossed it's "just a cold" like he says it is. We'll see.

Today I went into my sewing room and made something. I deliberately didn't want to tackle anything too complicated so I dug out the bindings I had cut out last week ..

I joined them into long strips and pressed them in half making quite a few metres of bindings. The smallest bit was 7.5 metres - about 295"!! This photo shows the colours much better - the pink spotty one is bright pink, not salmon pink like it appears in the photo above.

Not a lot done but it's a start and, after the week I've had, a start is better than nothing! :o)

12 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling a bit better, these things can take ages to get completely out of your system though so don't be overdoing it before you're ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I'm not exactly a patient person but I'm trying to take things slowly and not overdo!

      Delete
  2. It is nice to do something after not having been able to do much isn't it. Glad that you are on the mend, I hope that Douglas is too very soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. It does look like it's "only a cold" that Douglas has. Still very annoying but not as bad as flu. Phew!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad to hear your feeling much better. I hope Douglas recovers quickly.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ali. We're both getting there. :o)

      Delete
  4. A belated birthday wish to Douglas and hope you are both feeling a lot better. We've been away with no internet, hence the late comments, though it would be nice to be just turning 60. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. We're still coughing and spluttering but we're slowly getting there! :o)

      Delete
  5. So sorry to hear you haven't been well, and poor Douglas! You take care my lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like quite a bit of work done in the sewing room. Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gillian. I'm feeling a lot better now. :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)