I finally decided to ask Santa Claus for the pattern and then, if it didn't look good on me, it wouldn't be my fault because *I* hadn't bought the pattern. Convoluted thinking or what? LOL
Anyway, I asked Douglas if he would take photos of me wearing the dress as the ones I took of myself yesterday were so awful. So here's how the dress looks on me.
I have no idea what I was laughing at but this shot shows the spotty design on the fabric - red and orange and white.
Here it is with a scarfy thing I made to go with it. It's a red polyester mix fabric I found in the coat fabric section of my local fabric shop. The label said it had elastene in it but there's no stretch in the fabric whatsoever so I suspect that the label might not have been telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth! Anyway, it goes well with the red spots on the dress and binding it with some of the leftover dress fabric was genius, if I do say so myself!
As I was tidying up the sewing room this morning, I found the strip of fleece cut off from the piece I bought for the back of the rainbow quilt. The bright orange goes well with the orange spots on the dress so I just straightened it up and cut a few fringes in the end and called it another scarf to go with my new dress!
I have to agree with others that the dress is really easy to make - no zips, no buttons, no fastenings, just choose your size, cut it out and sew it together. It's also very comfortable. I already have fabric lined up to make another one. Well, of course I have! LOL
Just a few notes (mostly to remind myself!) about what I changed on the pattern:
I lengthened the skirt part by 2".
I lifted the back neck by 2".
I made a short sleeve by cutting the sleeve where the page join on the pdf was.
I didn't add a cuff to the sleeve - just turned it up about ½" and sewed it with my twin needle.