Monday, 9 February 2015

flu

"Flu causes a sudden high temperature (check), headache (check) and general aches and pains (check), tiredness (check) and a sore throat (check). You can also lose your appetite (check), feel nauseous (check) and have a cough.(check)

Flu symptoms can make you feel so exhausted (check) and unwell (check) that you have to stay in bed (check) and rest until you feel better (check)".

Copied from the NHS website.

~ ~ ~

I'm on my 3rd day of this and, although I am getting better, I'm still not well.

And the worst of it ... I had my flu jab! Mind you, I keep telling myself, if I feel this bad having had the jab, how bad would I have been without it?

Hopefully, I'll get back to some semblance of normality soon!

11 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you're sick, Anne. I really hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a bit in the paper the other day that the flu vaccine only worked this year for 3% of people who got it, as the flu strain had mutated!! I hope you get better soon - it is such a miserable thing to have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw nooooo.... Sorry to hear you're feeling poorly. Hope you're getting lots of TLC and feel better soon,
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard on the radio the other day that this year's flu jab has only been 3% effective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Anne! So unfair for you. I hope that you are much better soon. Take care of yourself in the meantime my dear! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, flu's the pits. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh No!!! I hope you feel better soon Anne!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear you are unwell. The vaccine manufacturers have to guess in advance as to what flu strains will be prevalent in the next flu season, and this year they totally got it wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor wee thing. Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I hope you're feeling much better soon.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just to let you know that I have nominated you for an award, the details are on my blog. Please don't feel under any pressure to accept, I just wanted to let you know that I enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)