The "rules" of the Liebster award are that I have to tell you 11 random facts about myself. Then answer the 11 questions that my nominator asked. And then nominate 11 blogs that I read for the award.
I'm going to do the first two parts but not the third. As you'll see from my list of random facts about me, I don't obey rules very well! ;o)
11 random facts about me:
1. I have psoriatic arthritis - in remission at the moment.
2. I can't drink alcohol because of the medicines I take for the above but it doesn't bother me in the slightest!
3. Nora Roberts is my favourite author. If I was marooned on a desert island and I had all her series with me, I'd be a happy bunny.
4. I would like the play the piano better than I can - must get it tuned first, though!
5. I don't obey rules very well. If you tell me I must do something, I'll be trying to find a way not to do it. And vice versa!
6. Douglas and I have been married for 35 years - 36 in September. He looked after me so well last week when I had the flu, it just made me love and appreciate him all the more!
7. I love chips - as in French Fries.
8. Apparently, we have 61 drawers in this house - Douglas counted them at one point. Every New Year I think this will be the year I'll go through all of those drawers and get rid of stuff. I've been thinking of doing that for 5 or more years now! :oD
9. I'm happiest in my own house. Last week, when I was ill, I didn't go out of the house from Friday 6th until Friday 13th. That didn't bother me in the slightest!
10. I sing in a choir and I love it. There are only 21 of us in the choir but we make a good sound.
11. I can sit for a very long time trying to think of an 11th random fact. I think it's going to have to be "I give up when I can't think of something else"! :oD
Now on to the 11 questions Jo asked.
1) If your house was on fire, what one thing, other than family members and pets, would you save?
My sewing machine and as much of my fabric stash as I could grab!
2) What, other than your children, is your greatest achievement?
Going to university and getting some letters after my name. B.A. Dip. Ed. to be precise!
3) What would be your dream job and is it a job you do or have done?
I would love to work in a fabric shop again. Or a book shop. Or a combination of both. I've worked in a fabric shop before.
4) What is your dream holiday destination?
I would like to go back to see the Grand Canyon again. We were there in 2006 and it really is one of those jaw-dropping places and well worth another visit. I wouldn't go out on the glass platforms they now have over the gorge, though. No way, no how!
5) If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you bought?
Knowing me, probably fabric! LOL
6) Name your top three films of all time.
It really depends on my mood but I love "You've Got Mail", "The Fifth Element" and "The Count of Monte Cristo". (The Jim Caviezel version ... yum!)
7) If you could have a conversation with a famous person, dead or alive, who would it be?
I'd like to meet and chat with May Martin from the Great British Sewing Bee. Just talking to someone who loves sewing as much as I do would be inspiring, I think. And, if she brought Patrick Grant along too, I wouldn't complain! ;o)
8) What is your earliest childhood memory?
Going out to tea with my Auntie Anna and her family before they emigrated to Australia. They went in 1959 so I must have been 4 years old.
9) What is your favourite season and why?
I like them all for different reasons. I love the fresh newness of spring, the warm days of summer (if we're lucky), the colours and smells of autumn and the cold crispness of winter. These photos were taken in 2011.
10) What made you decide to start a blog?
My daughter, Debbie, was heading out to Canada to live for a while and she told me I should write a blog so she could keep up with what we were all doing. I started it in July, 2008 so nearly 7 years ago. Apparently, I have a lot to blether about! :oD
11) What would you like the future to hold for you?
Health and happiness for us and our girls ... and, maybe a few grandchildren ... eventually! ;o)
Thanks for nominating me, Jo. If you don't know Jo, go and read her blog. She's an inspiration - and her dog, Archie, always reminds me of our wee Rosie. :o)