Saturday, 10 January 2015

this week's sewing finishes

Here's a catch up on this week's sewing. First of all, another Cressida skirt. I don't see me tiring of this pattern any time soon! I think this is my 5th version and I have at least another 2 that I'm thinking of making.

I also cut out and made 12 pinnies - 2 each of 6 fabrics. I took the photos on the spare bed as I couldn't be bothered hauling Diana the dummy into our bedroom to tie on 6 pinnies and take photos of them. I'll need to do it for loading them into Etsy but that'll be a job for another day.

And I thought I'd show the photo of the back of the ovengloves I made for Joanna to show the upside down back - on the glove on the right. I've turned the photo upside down so that the hanger is at the top of the photo - it's pretty obvious the fabric is upside down. Well, it's obvious when you turn it the ovenglove to the back - not so obvious when you're sewing from the front!! :oD

13 comments:

  1. I am glad that I am not in the market for a new apron as I would never be able to choose between those - they are all so lovely!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Amy. As I was sewing them, I thought "I like this one best" and then, "No, I like this one best" and so on and so on! LOL

      Delete
  2. Oh I love the colour of your newest skirt. The fabric for your pinnies is lovely. I always start of going 'oh I like that fabric' at the first photo and by the time I get to the end I have no chance of picking a favourite. Hope the photograph section goes well. I am despairing with the poor light at the moment.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, the light is not good right now. We did have some sunshine today ... for about 5 minutes!! *eyeroll*

      Delete
  3. Another busy sewing week and more fabulous fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fabrics you have used for the pinnies - especially the one with the litle birds - and you have reminded me that I have a piece of the doggy fabric. The lack of daylight is a pest when it comes to taking decent photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep telling myself that the days are getting longer but they don't seem to be getting any brighter! We had really dark skies for most of today and it actually snowed too! Yuck!

      Delete
  5. You're always so busy Anne! All the aprons look great -- such fun fabrics. And I'm betting you're the only one who will notice the upside down fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna! And, yes, Joanna didn't notice the upside-downness (!) until I pointed it out to her! :o)

      Delete
  6. Wonderful pinnies and the skirt is very neat. I love the upside down gloves - makes them original. I don't have a pinnie as I'm a bit short and round and the bit that sticks out at the top is what always gets floured or splattered and it is what the pinny doesn't cover. I'll think about making one to cover me properly as I love all your fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have to wear a full length pinny. I've tried wearing the half pinnies and my top half always gets coated in flour or whatever I'm cooking with! :oD

      Delete
  7. I agree, only a full apron works. Those half aprons just don't save a person from any kitchen disaster. : ) I peeked at your store and I think you've sold a lot of stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)