Sunday, 18 January 2015

sewing finishes week 2

This week I made some bunting for Joanna.

It snowed and lay for about an hour before melting. (I know I'm a grown-up because I was glad when it melted! :oD)

I made another Cressida skirt for Joanna. I'd got this material out of the remnant box in my local fabric shop - I think it cost me £6. Not too shabby for a fab skirt like this, methinks!

I decided - in a moment of insanity - that I wanted to make myself the Tilly and the Buttons Coco top funnel neck version.

I knew when I hit the "buy me" button, that it was daft but I did it anyway. Oh, don't get me wrong, it's a lovely top but I knew it wouldn't work on me. I cut it out, sewed it up carefully and it fit me really well. Yay!

But.

No, Anne. It doesn't look good. Take it off. You knew it would cling to the bits you don't want things to cling to! Oh well, never mind. I have daughters who will get Cocos made for them - if they want them.

So, that put aside, I dug out my next project - Burda 2561.

I know this one won't fit me without doing a full bust adjustment so that's what I was messing with yesterday.

I'm taking my time with it as I want it to work properly. I'm going to try the adjusted pattern out on a sheet first to make sure it works before I cut into my blouse fabric. If it does work, I have at least 3 fabrics that I want to use for this blouse so, although I'm taking my time with it, part of me is telling me to get a move on!! Patience is a virtue that I am not blessed with! LOL

17 comments:

  1. I love the bunting and lucky Joanna with that pretty skirt. Hope all goes well with your blouse. Tae care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sympathise as I know the Coco top wouldn't look good on me either. The bunting is fabulous and I love Joanna's skirt. We've woken up to a thin smattering of snow this morning, but I must be getting old too as I can't wait for it to melt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't get snow this weekend but it has been bitterly cold. As soon as I go out the door, I just want to come back in again! LOL

      Delete
  3. I really like that Coco top too but I don't think it would work for my apple-shaped figure. The last thing I need is a top that clings to my bust and midriff, haha. The bunting is so pretty. And I love Joanna's skirt. You've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Coco did cling to bits I didn't want to show - that's why there's no photo of me wearing it! I'm not that daft! LOL

      Delete
  4. I love my skirt and my bunting - thank you, mama! As always - you are a genius! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. And yes, I am! :oD

      Delete
  5. Sorry that your Coco didn't work out, I don't suppose it would suit me either! Love the bunting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dam I must be a grown up too, I was hoping it would all melt and go away :) The skirt looks gorgeous, I love that fabric. Oh the Coco pattern, I have looked at loads of these and thought I would like one. But I know that the neck line would not suit me, like you say no doubt your daughters will want one. I have a blouse pattern sat in front of me but like you having to adjust it is putting me off. I really just need to get stuck in. Good luck with yours.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have spent most of today trying to get this FBA to work properly. Part of me's ready to give up and just go back to the pattern I use all the time because I know it fits me. Aaaaargh!!

      Delete
  7. I love the skirt, and although the top is very smart, I know it wouldn't suit me either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne. I really should learn to listen to myself when I suspect that patterns won't suit me! *sigh*

      Delete
  8. You are too funny -- that "daft" comment made me laugh! It's a beautiful top though -- I want one! Probably wouldn't work for me either though LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a beautiful top if you're slim with no lumps and bumps. I haven't been that way for a very long time! :oD

      Delete
  9. I'm like you, snow is nice for two seconds then one wants it gone. Cute skirt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)