Friday, 30 January 2015

rainbow quilt - almost there

I'm almost there with my rainbow quilt. I made the border with the "random" squares in them. They're not really random - I picked them carefully so that there weren't 2 reds together or 2 greens etc. Other than that, they're random.

Then I attached the first white borders, the random squares border and the outside white border.

Then it was time to pin the top on to the fleece I'd bought for the backing. Bright orange - you'll see the colour in a later photo.

By lunchtime I'd quilted a quarter of it.

And, by stopping time this afternoon, I'd finished the quilting. You can see the bright orange fleece on the back now.

Before I finished for the day, I cut some fabric for the binding. I had a white with bright stripes already chosen but then I thought it would look much better with a pop of black in it so I chose this one instead.

I hope to get the binding attached tomorrow and then it'll be cuddle up time! I can't wait! :o)

12 comments:

  1. It is gorgeous and you're so quick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fabulous. There's no stopping you, is there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL No, I don't think there is, Jo. :oD

      Delete
  3. Well done. So bright and happy and do love that binding. I'm a sucker for stripes on binding. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. I love stripey bindings - both straight and on the bias! :o)

      Delete
  4. Oh Anne, you are soooooo speedy!! My poor quilt is still waiting to be pinned again, that is before I even think about sewing. The quilt looks fantastic, I love how the bright backing really goes with the brights on the front too, how great it is!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. I've finished the quilt now and I'm so chuffed with it! Nobody's getting this one - I'm keeping it for us!!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)