Monday, 5 January 2015

more gifts and tidy piles!

Joanna sent me a photo of the oven gloves I made her for her Christmas. I managed to put the back on one of them upside down (ie the pattern on the fabric is upside down, not the fabric itself!) but I just couldn't face all the unpicking involved and re-making them so they are what they are - unique! :oD

Here's the scarf Debbie crocheted for my Christmas. It's been well worn already! Thanks again, Dibsi! :o)

Joanna had told me she wanted to use the same diary cover this year and so would I just make a new 2015 tag for it? Last year's cover:

I thought - yes! No diary cover to make this year. But. The diary Santa brought her was ¼" taller than last year's and, no matter how hard we pushed and pulled, the old cover just would not fit so - drat - a new cover was needed after all!

I used the same fabric as last year but in the green this time. Front:

Back:

And the (unseen) lining.

Over the Christmas period, I decided I needed to do something about the fat quarter piles. I didn't take a photo of what they were like before I started sorting them but, if you see the top of the red pile in this photo and then imagine that over 10 piles you'll get an idea of how bad things were.

This is how it looks now. All folded and ironed and looking fab! Oh. My. Goodness. It's so tidy I'll be scared to use any of them! :oD

20 comments:

  1. Anne,
    I love the fabric you used in the diary covers!!! I wish that I could crochet, believe me I have tried! I cant seem to master stitch size no matter how hard I try. If I could, I would have collars like you have in every color. They are cute! And you found time to iron your fat quarters--I really need to do that and start some organization again....your neat piles just put me to shame!
    Linda'mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a long time to iron all the fat quarters but I did it in wee batches because I knew it would be even more annoying if the job was only half done! :oD

      Delete
  2. I Love those potholders Anne -- the shape of them is perfect! (I don't see anything upside down -- you must be hiding that part. ;-D) And your fabric looks so neat and tidy -- I could use you to tidy my piles up!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna. I did hide the upside down bit! LOL

      Delete
  3. Great gifts Anne.

    I spy some fantastic fabric in those stacks...I'm sure you have a plan for all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I was ironing the fat quarters, I thought of hundreds of things I could do with them. I don't suppose many of those plans will ever happen - especially if I'm too scared to touch them! LOL

      Delete
  4. Those diary covers are wonderful Anne - as of course is the 'unique' oven glove ;) Looks like you've got the January sorting bug good and proper - I'd be scared to touch those piles too! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about having the January sorting bug, Jane - or maybe I did and that's it over with now! LOL

      Delete
  5. The diary covers are a great idea, just having to swap the diary inside each year. I can't get used to oven gloves like you've made, I have the kind which are joined together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use that kind too, Jo. I actually prefer them for taking things out of the oven - less chance of me burning my forearms with those, somehow. :o)

      Delete
  6. Your scarf is gorgeous, no wonder it's been worn lots, a beautiful colour. Your upside down fabric made me smile. My Uncle once wallpapered my cousin's room and put it all on upside down, it stayed that way. The personalized diary covers are a fab idea and I love your little bee on the back. I really need to sort out my crafty space. Hopefully next week when our son has returned to uni and I have stopped having to provide food 247 (I don't know where he's putting it all) I will sort out my fabric and WIPS.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh to be young again when you could eat anything and not gain an ounce, eh? *sigh* ;o)

      Delete
  7. I love all of these things you've given and received. The diary-cover fabric is so cool, it reminds me of those poetry fridge magnets that were popular a few years ago. Your fat quarter storage looks terrific! I see you are a Dymo user? I'm assuming that's how you made the labels. My Dymo is one of my prized possessions. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Jennifer. I *love* my Dymo machine. It's a bit of a joke around here that, if you stand still long enough, you'll get a label put on you! :oD

      Delete
  8. Lovely! I like the diary covers. You are all set now for another great year of crafting and making! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so organised Anne and I just love that diary cover and the oven gloves. So beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely gifts all round, and oh my word, you are so organized. I have fat-quarter-bundle envy!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gilly. It took more time than I hoped it would but, just looking at the tidiness makes me happy so it was well worth it! :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)