Friday, 2 January 2015

another Cressida and a pincushion

I made another Cressida skirt just before Christmas which I haven't blogged about yet. Joanna gave me this piece of brown fabric for my Christmas last year. How embarrassing that it took me nearly a year to get around to using it! *blush* Well, it's made now and I love it! I don't often wear brown but I'm going to start wearing it more from now on! :o)

This is the fourth Cressida skirt I've made. Previous versions blogged about here, here and here.

I got this lovely pincushion from Joanna for my Christmas. She made it herself! It's already in use and I'm loving entering my pins! :oD

I also got something from Debbie that she made especially for me so I need to remember to take photos of that in the daylight so I can show it off here. I might be a wee bit biased but my girls are really quite clever! :o)

17 comments:

  1. I love that pin cushion - clever girls indeed! Happy New Year x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart pretty pin cushion! Love the skirt too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your girls must take after their mum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I think you might be right, Jo. :o)

      Delete
  4. Your skirt looks lovely, it;s funny how we all avoid certain colours. My children had a brown school uniform so I'm guessing it's not a colour they wouldn't choose. The pin cushion is fantastic and we all know where your daughter's get their wonderful sewing skills from. Have a lovely weekend.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant 'would choose'. That will teach me to blog and txt at the same time.

      Delete
  5. Pretty skirt. I don't wear a lot of brown either but I like the color...I wear entirely too much black!

    I adore that pin cushion...clever indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same - black or navy are my go-to colours. Well, not any more! :o)

      Delete
  6. I am sure that your girls are very clever, just like their Mum! I love the pin cushion, lots of fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anne, ok, love that pincushion. I chuckled when I saw the words on it! LOL! I love your brown skirt. I tend to wear lots of brown these days! Happy New Year!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. Happy New Year to you too! :o)

      Delete
  8. I love the skirt Anne and also the pin cushion! The words are so relevant. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)