Monday, 8 December 2014

the dress, the tree, the trainset and Tilly

I finished my dress at the weekend. It's really hard to get decent photos so this will have to do! You can just see the wee triangle that I added to the V-neckline to lift it up a bit. I prefer not to have any cleavage showing and this solves that problem. ;o)

I found some buttons in my (huge) collection which went well with the dress. I initially started looking through the reds and pinks but the green ones blend in really well. At least I think they do!

We put up our tree yesterday. Actually, that's not quite true. Douglas put it up on Saturday whilst I was making our evening meal. I burst out laughing when I saw it!

Then, later in the evening, he decided it looked a bit bare so he added some more branches! LOL

You might notice something strange going on underneath the tree. It was my suggestion that he put up some of his trainset underneath it. I won't tell you how much fun he's had putting it together! ;o)

Here's the tree in all its glory.

You can just see the trainset and some of the wee houses he's put down on the carpet. It's not finished yet but he's still having fun playing with it! :o)

It was quite sunny when we were decorating the tree yesterday afternoon and Tilly was very interested in the reflections from the miniature disco ball decorations! Isn't she funny? :oD

10 comments:

  1. Lovely dress Anne. Pretty tree too. Tilly never fails to entertain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna. She does make us laugh! :o)

      Delete
  2. Awww, Tilly is so cute. Glad that Douglas managed to fit some more branches to the tree, it looks so much better in the last photo than the first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Jo. I couldn't believe that he'd stopped after putting only the top on. LOL

      Delete
  3. Oh I love the tree!!! That is too too funny!! It also looks beautiful all decorated. Adding the little bit to your dress is a great idea, it makes a little added detail too doesn't it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. The added bit on my dress definitely will make it more comfortable for me to wear. I'm not of an age to show cleavage any more! ;o)

      Delete
  4. I laughed when I saw your tree... before the fabulous decorations! I certainly felt that way when I put my tree up with everyone watching me and not helping (apparently they are too scared to put any decorations on without my say so otherwise I move them!). Oh and Tilly - love the game you all created. Take care of yourself in this storm xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chel. Yes, it's pretty wild out there at the moment. Let's hope it doesn't last too long!

      Delete
  5. Another wonderful dress with a very useful adaption. Your step by step tree looked fun. In fact a small tree on a stand may become the new fashion :) Oh poor Tilly, she must of wondered what on earth was going on.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of Tilly's favourite games is to chase the lights made by a watch in the sunlight so this mini disco ball was like that times a hundred for her! LOL

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)