Friday, 19 December 2014

peg stars

Today I (finally) got around to making some peg stars. I bought the pegs for these about a month ago - if not longer!!

First of all I started with some clothes pegs - wooden ones.

I separated them all from their little metal bits.

Then I chose 16 pieces - 8 pegs needed for each star.

I glued them in pairs, back to back with hot glue. On one of the pairs, I glued in a piece of ribbon for a hanger for the star.

Then I glued 4 of the pairs at the centre and the other 4 pairs in the spaces between those 4. It's not as complicated as I've made it sound, honest!

This is what you end up with. A peg star - or it could be a peg snowflake, I suppose!

I had so much fun making the first one, I made another two.

Did you notice the hole that appeared in the piece of plastic I was using to protect my cutting board? That's what happens when hot glue meets plastic! Good job it wasn't my fingers! I've done that before and it's not funny. Hot glue is HOT!!

16 comments:

  1. What a great idea, loved your critters on the bannister in your last post too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these - what a great idea! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are great! I remember these from - ahem - decades ago! Still love them though!! Happy Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my mum had one of these that my sister made at school - and that wasn't yesterday or last year! It was last century! LOL

      Delete
  4. These are awesome! I've put this post in my craft folder to make next year. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristie. Merry Christmas to you too! :o)

      Delete
  5. They're fabulous. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. It's not an original idea but it was quick and fun - as long as I was careful not to burn my fingers!

      Delete
  6. I really like them. What a cute craft idea. I did a project this week with hot glue too, OUCH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. Hot glue is dangerous stuff!

      Delete
  7. Oh Anne they look so pretty. Thanks for the great tutorial. Something else to add to my to do list.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't take long, Ali, so, even if your list is long - like mine is - you might still manage them for this year! :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)