Tuesday, 30 December 2014

filling in the blanks of Christmas 2014

Filling in some of the "blanks" I made for Christmas presents.

Joanna's scarf being blocked to make it lie flat. I know my table is 54" wide so that must be the length of the scarf too as it fitted right on there.

I made a pair of pyjamas for Douglas - well, just the bottoms, really as he wears ordinary tee-shirts on the top half! The pattern for these is so old, it's almost disintegrating! LOL

A couple of pouches for Joanna to carry tissues etc. in her handbag. (I also made her a pair of oven gloves but, for some reason, I don't have a photo of those. Joanna? Can you send me a photo, please?)

A nightie for my mum. I asked her today if she'd worn it yet. She told me that she was going to keep it "for good". I'm not really sure what she meant by that but I just nodded my head and smiled.

This wasn't really a present but I realised I hadn't shown a photo of Joanna's finished dress so here it is. She wore it on Christmas day and it was beautiful!

I'm now in the process of trying to tidy the sewing room - it's amazing the stuff that got dumped in there over Christmas. When I've got that done, I have a lot of dressmaking I'd let to get on with. Santa brought me a LOT of fabric and patterns and I'm itching to get on with them.

10 comments:

  1. What a lot of lovely gifts you made and such lucky recipients. Bless your Mum, she'll probably wear it some time soon. Have a lovely New Year and take care. Look forward to seeing what you get up to in 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that your New Year will be wonderful! Best wishes for all good things in 2015 to you and yours! Lovely to see your seasonal makes too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. Here's to a great 2015! :o)

      Delete
  3. Lovely to see the things you were making before Christmas, I bet all the recipients were very pleased with them. Joanna's dress is fabulous, such pretty fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I was really pleased with Joanna's dress - and, thankfully, so was she! :o)

      Delete
  4. Loved everything - thank you, mama - you're a genius! :) I'll send you a pic of the oven gloves next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right - I AM a genius! And big-headed too, apparently! :oD

      Delete
  5. What wonderful gifts. I really like the tissue holders and Joanna's dress looks so pretty. But it's your Mum who has made me smile. My step-dad's parents were the same, 'too good to use' they would say. May be she has a big night out planned.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Maybe she's planning a pyjama party! Nothing could be further from the truth! :oD

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)