Monday, 15 December 2014

a snowy banister

I've been busy sewing this week but can't show you any of it as they're all "blanks" for Christmas and the recipients read this blog and I don't want them to know what I've been doing.

What I can show is our banister. I saw this idea on Pinterest here and thought it was so much fun. So I dug out some wadding (batting) and pinned it around the banister then wrapped some tinsel around that and then added some toys.

I had tried adding some other toys but the banister is really steep and the toys which weren't sitting upright looked like they were going nose first down a very slippery slope! LOL

I had a wee helper who was watching me intently as I added the toys.

I suspect that I'll need to keep an eye on her or she'll have those toys down from there. In fact, now that I look a bit more closely at the top reindeer, he looks decidedly closer to the edge of the banister than he was when I fixed him on. I wonder who did that? Tilly?? Was that you? Don't try to deny it!! :oD

18 comments:

  1. We had a banister in our last house, and I wrapped it with tinsel and a string of lights - but then I didn't have an inquisitive little dog to have a nibble on things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we usually wrap ours in tinsel and lights too but, as soon as I saw that snowy banister on Pinterest, I knew I wanted mine to be just like it! Tilly didn't even sniff it today so maybe she's bored with it already ... or, more likely, lulling us into a false sense of security! LOL

      Delete
  2. What a great idea!! I am not doing anything with our bannister this year, but this would be a wonderful thing to try for future years - what chance I will remember! I love your selection of toys too! They look really great. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. It was a fun thing to do and it really didn't take long. :o)

      Delete
  3. What a brilliant idea. Tilly is sure to want those toys though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. Tilly didn't touch them when we had her here today. I suspect she's just pretending that she's not interested in the toys! :oD

      Delete
  4. The bannister looks wonderful but I'm wondering if Tilly sees it as a challenge. I remember you saying she was partial to a bit of wadding.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough, she wasn't interested in the wadding - only the top reindeer. Mind you, that's not to say that she'll not be interested in the wadding tomorrow! LOL

      Delete
  5. "These toys look delicious, Mom! Merry Christmas to me!" :) I think it's adorable and I hope it lasts all season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Thanks, Jennifer! I hope so too! :oD

      Delete
  6. Very cute and I was reading, before I got to the latter part, I was thinking it looks like a great opportunity for a snatch by a dog. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tilly's thinking that you won't notice :-) My Coco does things like that and just nudges gently and makes out it 'just fell down'!! Have a wonderful week xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, dogs. You have to love them, don't you? :oD

      Delete
  8. She was framed!!
    It looks beautiful by the way! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's not as innocent as she looks - as you well know! :oD

      Delete
  9. Hahaha -- that's super cute Anne!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)