Tuesday, 18 November 2014

Tilly & the pompom and my second Cressida skirt

Joanna started a new job yesterday so we're now looking after Tilly for a few hours when she's at work. Mostly, Tilly lets you do what you want to do as long as you pay her some attention and give her hugs and cuddles and a few doggy treats.

This afternoon I was in the sewing room and had just stopped her diving into the bin (again) to get out some fabric to chew when she ran off. I (stupidly) assumed she'd gone downstairs to annoy/play with Douglas. I thought nothing of it when she reappeared within minutes to try the bin-diving thing again.

I then decided to take the dressmaking dummy into our bedroom to take a photo of my new Cressida skirt which I'd made at the weekend. I walked in carrying the dummy and burst out laughing when I saw this on the carpet.

Then I saw this on the bed and laughed some more.

What is it? A chewed up silver pompom. this is what it once looked like!

Tilly tried to assure me it hadn't been her who had chewed the pompom. Butter wouldn't melt and all that!

Then she started trying to chew me.

Nothing like a good chew on a cardigan sleeve to make your day fabulous! :oD

I did finally manage to get the photo of my new Cressida skirt.

It's in black corduroy and I love it! I have another couple on the go - one for me and one for Joanna. I'm making them both at the same time which is making it seem like they're taking twice as long but I hope to get them both finished tomorrow. Unless, of course, the pompom-chewer has other ideas! :oD

18 comments:

  1. Skirts lovely, but then I can't help maybe, think Tilly is the cuter of the two. What a little devil she is. Better not leave pompoms where she can get to them. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know where she found the pompom! Hopefully, wherever it was, there was only one because you can bet, if there were any more, she'll remember where it was so she can do more pompom chewing! :oD

      Delete
  2. Poor Tilly is obviously suffering separation anxiety!! I prescribe twice as many cuddles and treats, and lots of playing and walks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She actually behaved better than both Douglas and I thought she would - we just need to re-learn that you can't let her out of our sight for a second or things will get chewed! LOL

      Delete
  3. It always amazes me how dogs love to take things out of the bin! They usually have plenty of toys, but no, like children being more interested in the box the toy came in they want the things in the bin more than their toys! We have dogs in our extended family like that so all bins have to be kept well out of reach of anyone with 4 paw drive!! Your skirt is lovely - of course! - I hope that you enjoy making the other two. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Amy. Tilly has plenty of toys in our house but, no, she'd rather play/chew some wee piece of fabric out of the bin!! Or a silver pompom! :oD

      Delete
  4. Oh Tilly, you naughty girl. One flash of those beautiful eyes and we'll let you off though. The skirt's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing is, she knows I'm a sucker for her cheeky face so she knows I'm more likely to laugh than get angry at her! Just call me an old softie! :oD

      Delete
  5. Awwww, little Tilly is so sweet -- there's no way you could be mad at her. You should take a picture of her with one of those signs like they use on the dog shame websites LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I might do that! Mind you, she'd probably think she was famous if I did! :oD

      Delete
  6. Stunning skirt - it looks fab on, too!
    I've spoken with Tilly about this incident and of course, she proclaims that it wasn't her what ate that there pompom!! ;) Oh and butter definitely wouldn't melt!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you should check her mouth and see just how much unmelted butter is in there! LOL

      Delete
  7. What a face Tilly has! I love the photo where she is chewing on your sleeve. My Ellie, is always getting into my bins of sewing and crafting supplies! She grabs things and runs away with them to get my attention. By the way, I love your skirt!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. I suppose a silvery pompom is much more interesting to a dog than a rubber bone or an old soft toy. :oD

      Delete
  8. Your skirt is beautiful, Anne. I really like the buttons. Tilly is such a pretty dog. She has a gleam in her eye, I think, watch out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. I think you're right about the gleam! :oD

      Delete
  9. I'm sure those pompoms don't taste very good, I imagine they stick in your teeth :) Your skirt looks lovely and those buttons are gorgeous.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why she thought it would be a good idea to chew a tinsel pompom - as you say, not very tasty at all! LOL

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)