Tuesday, 25 November 2014

Ooops, I did it again!

Every time I make things in production line fashion, I tell myself "Next time, do them 2 at a time at the most". Why don't I ever listen to myself??

Yesterday I decided to make some of the bags I cut out months ago. So, I piled them on the sewing table and selected a few to make. Did I say "a few"?? When I counted them, there were 12 of them altogether. Did I put 10 of them back? Of course I didn't! *sigh* Here they are in progress.

I hope to get all 12 of them finished tomorrow. It should be a wee bit easier to get them done as we don't look after Tilly on a Wednesday. What did she do this week that I laughed out loud at? She only dragged a beautifully rolled up piece of wadding (batting) off the shelf and started chewing it.

Luckily she let go of it quite quickly. It's now safely re-rolled and on top of the shelf unit. About 7 feet off the ground so she shouldn't be able to get it! Hopefully! :oD

14 comments:

  1. Haha, she looks very cozy, doesn't she? At least it's not fiberglass insulation, like my (late, but not because of that) dog once chewed up! I look forward to seeing your bags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes, no fibreglass in the wadding - just polyester. And I got it back from her before she managed to damage it - or herself!

      Delete
  2. Perhaps you could borrow a puppy cage from someone - one of the big ones (or even a playpen) for when you are sewing? Our spaniel once got a hold of my pincushion and had to be rushed to the vet as I didn't know if she had swallowed any pins. They fed her cotton wool sandwiches just in case, but thankfully the xrays showed she hadn't. A very expensive way to be reminded to keep such things safe!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness me, Anne. That does sound bad - and expensive!

      Delete
  3. So funny that you just can't help yourself with your sewing in multiples. But I have to say that I understand and it makes sense, if you are doing one and need many, just go for it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did manage to get them all finished today so making 12 at a time instead of 2 at a time doesn't sound such a daft idea now! LOL

      Delete
  4. Your a one woman production line :) Oh Tilly is keeping you on your toes. I thought you were going to say she was using the wadding for bedding.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I'm sure she would have - after she'd chewed it all up!

      Delete
  5. It sounds quite a challenge doing a dozen at a time. I think Tilly's trying to tell you that she'd like you to make her a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yes, or she just wants to play with me rather than let me sew! :oD

      Delete
  6. Aw, bless lovely Tilly - it's hard to be cross when she's so sweet, isn't it? :-) Eeek, that's quite a bundle of bags - well done & hope you get them finished sans incident today.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't be cross with her - she just makes me laugh all the time. And, after all, it's my own fault for having the wadding at a level that she could reach. Not any more! :oD

      Delete
  7. Naughty little Tillie -- but tooo cute to be mad about haha. That's a lot of bags there -- you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's very hard to be annoyed with her when she's so funny!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)