Sunday, 2 November 2014

lots and lots of pinnies

Last time I said I'd show you what I made with this pile of fabrics. Pinnies!

First of all, I overlocked the edges and sewed them with a narrow hem.

Then, in a moment of complete madness, I decided, instead of using twill tape for the neck and waist ties, I'd make the ties from the same fabrics. Aaaaargh!!

Then came the job of sewing them all on.

But, it was worth the effort. I want to keep them all for myself! LOL

There wasn't enough spare fabric to make matching ties for this one so I had to use the red twill tape. I still love it! :oD

This one has gone back into the pile to get its neck tie sorted. I must have been on automatic pilot by the time I got to this one as I've left the tapes at 27" instead of trimming them to 24". This means the neck of the pinny is sitting at about waist level. (A slight exaggeration but it definitely needs shortened!)

I haven't finished all of the pinnies yet but I should get the rest of them done this week.

Yesterday, I was sewing more pinnies. This was a special request from one of Debbie's customers who wanted matching/contrasting pinnies for herself and her 4 year old daughter to wear when they bake together. She chose the colours - I love them! I bet they'll have great fun baking together after Santa brings them these pinnies! :oD

16 comments:

  1. Very cute. Too many lovely and festive fabrics to choose a favorite.

    The coordinating mommy/daughter ones are adorable with the ruffles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna. I had such fun making the mummy & daugher pinnies - I hope they have as much fun wearing them! :o)

      Delete
  2. They are lovely! I like the reindeer one, very nice indeed. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I loved scrolling down and seeing all those Christmas pinnies but when I saw the the frilly pinnies I just smiled. They are wonderful. I bet there is gong to be some wonderful times spent in those pinnies.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ali. I hope they enjoy their baking even more wearing their new pinnies. :o)

      Delete
  4. These really made me smile Anne, I still love wearing my pinny and think of you each time I do. Have a wonderful week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks, Chel. That's so sweet. :o)

      Delete
  5. I think you've got some really cute ones there. Sorry I don't post much but I get too lazy to log it at times, doesn't mean I'm not reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Off blog topic, but since one can't post under your books read section I wanted to put it here..... where do you find the time to read all of those books in the past year? Wow! I always enjoy looking at what you're reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read at every opportunity. Before I get up in the morning, during morning snack, after lunch, before making the evening meal, after the evening meal, most of the evening and before I go to sleep at night. I also take my Kindle or book to any dentist/doctor/hospital appointments. Basically, if I'm not sewing, I'm reading! LOL

      Delete
  7. Wonderful fabrics and where on earth do you find them? Job well done. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. I got all of these ones from my local fabric shop. Some of them I picked up in the January sales and some of them are bought from this season's stock.

      Delete
  8. They all fabulous, too hard to choose a favourite as I love them all. The little girl will be thrilled to have an apron which matches her mum's, great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I really enjoyed making those matching pinnies. I could imagine the mummy and daughter making cakes and scones whilst wearing them. :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)