Tuesday, 11 November 2014

Cressida and Brontë

I've been doing some dressmaking in the last few days. First of all I made the Cressida skirt pattern from Jennifer Lauren on Etsy here. I was worried that it wouldn't fit me but it does. And I love it!

Now, I never, ever wear my tops tucked into my skirts or trousers but I did with this skirt. It sits beautifully with or without a belt. And, another favourite thing for me ... it has pockets!

I can see myself making a few more Cressida skirts in the not too distant future!

I'd seen the Brontë top on a few blogs in the past few months and, whilst I admired it, I wasn't sure it was something I'd wear. I saw it again when I was buying the Cressida skirt pattern and, after a few days thinking about it, went back and got it - here. I picked up a remnant of knitted fabric from my local fabric shop for £4 so I decided to have a go. I finished it this afternoon after it got too dark to take any decent photos so this is the best I could do.

I'm not overly fond of sewing with knitted fabrics but this went together really quickly and I didn't have any problems with it. I might have to go and buy some more knitted fabrics to have a few more of these on hand. I bet they'd go perfectly with my new skirts! :oD

16 comments:

  1. They are both really good Anne and would look good together! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely in the skirt and the top is gorgeous. My favourite colour,purple. I agree with Amy I think they would look great together. I think I will have to pay Jennifer a visit both patterns look fab.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ali. If you visit Jennifer's shop, you'll also see the Afternoon Blouse which I made quite a few of in the summer time. :o)

      Delete
  3. I really like your skirt, can I ask what fabric you used. It looks like demin. I've never made any clothes - quilts, bags, toys, oven gloves, aprons, tea cosies but not clothes for me. Was the skirt easy to make? Oh and I love the book you're currently reading, it's a cracker. I'm reading the last book in the O'Dwyer Cousins trilogy and enjoying it very much. I love Nora.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is denim, Fran. The skirt was easy to make and Jennifer's instructions are really well written so, if you were thinking of having a go, I don't think you'd be disappointed.

      I love Nora too. I got the last of the O'Dwyer books as soon as it was released and devoured it really quickly. I've now finished The Sisters Trilogy and am debating with myself which series to read next. The Brides? The Keys? Decisions, decisions. :oD

      Delete
    2. Oh what a difficult decision. I've read them all so I know the Brides and the Keys are fantastic, as are In the Garden, The Circle, The Dream series and all her books as J D Robb, so that decision is very tough. I think I'd pick the Keys next, but only because there's more action in those than the Brides.

      Delete
    3. Yes, I have and have read all of her series (many times) and love every one of them. I only read the first 3 or 4 J D Robb books and, whilst I enjoyed them, they weren't my favourites so now I just stick to her Nora books. :o)

      Delete
  4. Both lovely, I especially like the skirt, you look lovely in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the skirt - I could almost be tempted to have a go at making it ......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne. It was a very easy make! :o)

      Delete
  6. You look smashing. I love the top and the skirt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great in your new clothes Anne -- nothing better than finding a pattern that fits well. And can I just say how wonderful it is to leave comments on your blog? Almost all blogspot blogs that I comment on spit back at me -- they either eat the comment or make me do some sort of word verification. YOU are the poster child for the perfect blogspot commenting experience!!! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gawd, I despise those word verification things. And then there are some blogs which have that AND they don't publish until they're approved by the blogger. That's a bit like belt and braces. I mean, it's not hard to delete a comment - one click and it's gone! *eyeroll*

    Oh and thanks! :oD

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)