Wednesday, 12 November 2014

Brontë, bow ties and zebra problems

I wore my new Brontë top today and I'm really pleased with it. It fits me really well - yay!! The quality of the photo isn't great but you get the idea, I'm sure!

I had to make 3 more bow ties for the choir I sing in. I have very detailed instructions in my notebook of how I make these so it didn't take me long at all to get them done.

Remember the zebra fabric I dyed during the summer? Well, I admitted to myself that I probably wouldn't wear it so I offered to make Joanna a dress with it and she cheerily accepted. I finally started pinning the pattern on to the fabric this afternoon.

I didn't get far before I came across a "problem" with the fabric. The pattern I was going to use was McCall's 6696, view B - the short-sleeved version shown as a line-drawing on the left side of the pattern.

The "problem" is that the zebra pattern is quite big so, on the bodice, where do I put the zebras? There are 2 darts - a bust dart and a waist dart. So, the chances are, a zebra would be pinched in the bust dart - ouch :oD - or in the waist dart - more ouches! Or he/she would be looking at the nippular area or his/her backend would be right on the tip of the nippular area.

Joanna and I have discussed the zebra-nippular problems and are now thinking that a skirt would be a better option for this fabric. I think that will be a lot less problematic - for zebras and nippular areas alike! :oD

14 comments:

  1. Oh dear, zebra nipples. Haha! I think a skirt sounds perfect. Your Bronte top is beautiful! I love the shoulder detail. It looks really nice on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! The top was really comfy too. :o)

      Delete
  2. Snort! Yeah - think a skirt would be a much easier (and less embarrassing) option! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - the zebras would have been most embarrassed at some of the positions they'd have found themselves in! :oD

      Delete
  3. I agree with everyone else and think a skirt would be a better idea. I really like you top, looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The top really does look good on you. Oh I forgot all about your zebra fabric. At least you realized about the zebras landing in embarassing places before cutting out.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! That would/could have been awkward! LOL

      Delete
  5. Oh Anne! The difficulties of sewing, who would have thought that zebras could be so difficult to deal with. I think that a skirt would be great though. Hope that you have a good weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yes, who'd have thought zebras could cause sewing problems! :oD

      Delete
  6. Definitely a skirt for the zebras, don't want zebra nip nops. Your new top is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laughed out loud at "nip nops". :oD

      Delete
  7. You're too funny -- I haven't heard the term nippular before but I'm going to have to add it to my breasticle vocabulary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, breasticle sounds like a word I could use as well. LOL

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)