Tuesday, 21 October 2014

my Christmas stockings production line

I've been doing the production line thing again this past week. This time it's been Christmas stockings. First of all I cut out lots of fronts and backs - I think it was 19 stockings I cut out!

Then I decided if it would be red or green linings and cut all those out.

Not pictured is all the curtain bump (aka interlining) which I use instead of wadding and the muslin that goes on the back of that to make the quilting of the pieces easier.

This is some of the fronts and backs pinned to their bump & muslin ready for quilting.

This is 3 stockings after their fronts and backs have been quilted and they've been sewn together.

This is the pile of red and green linings all sewn together with their tartan bee labels attached.

And here are 2 completed stockings.

I love them! I've got a few more finished but not photographed yet but there's still more to do before I get to the Christmas pinnies production line! Why can't I ever just make one thing at a time?? LOL

16 comments:

  1. Oh Anne I wish I had your enthusiasm for cutting out! Well done for getting a head start on Christmas though - I'm still contemplating having a spring clean ;) Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm a strange one because I do enjoy cutting out! And, I haven't done any spring cleaning either. Maybe next year! LOL

      Delete
  2. They're lovely. It definitely makes sense to do things in batches, it cuts down the time you spend on each part of the process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. Doing things in batches seems to take longer but, when you're near the end, you're near the end of them all! :oD

      Delete
  3. Very nice Anne, are they going on your Etsy shop? Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. Some of them will go into my Etsy shop and the rest will go to my daughter's shop in Perth.

      Delete
  4. Oh when your scissors get going there's no stopping you. Your finished stocking look beautiful. The white cuff really contrasts well with the patterned fabric. Bring on the aprons :)
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ali. I must admit, I think the cuff makes the stocking somehow. I'm really happy with them. I'm hoping the pinnies will be quicker to make ... but I suppose it depends how many I cut out! LOL

      Delete
  5. I love these Christmas stockings - so festive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame we don't need any, isn't it? :oD

      Delete
  6. Wow, these are so cute! I never thought of sewing a Christmas stocking. Your fabrics are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. I'm having such fun with all of these! I want to keep them all for myself! LOL

      Delete
  7. They look great Anne. I can see why you do things in a production line, because if you are doing them, you might as well just get on and do the lot, plus it saves a lot of chopping and changing with materials and threads and so on doesn't it, and those are the bits that take so much time aren't they! Happy Christmas crafting! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. I'm trying to sew all the bits with red thread, then all the bits with green thread, then with white thread .... and so on. It doesn't take long to change the threads but to do it for every stocking would drive me potty! (Some would say "pottier"!) :oD

      Delete
  8. Those are adorable Anne! I love the cute, happy Christmas prints!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)