Tuesday, 7 October 2014

a dressmaking catch-up

I've been sewing a few bits and bobs over the last couple of weeks which I haven't blogged about - until now.

First of all, I finished the corduroy pinafore dress:

I know it will be a great addition to my autumn/winter wardrobe. The pattern is the same as I used for the denim dress back in August - an old pattern I made back in the 90s.

My grandad was right when he used to say "keep a thing for 7 years - or in this case 20+ years - and you're bound to find a use for it!"

I then made a couple of blouses from my favouritest (!!) blouse pattern:

This one is in a cotton fabric which is made to look like linen. It has the look of linen without the crushable nature of linen.

I love the wee flower buttons!

This one is a flowery cotton. I love it!

I also made a black top but, for some reason, I haven't got a photo of it. I'll try and take one next time we get a day when it's bright enough to take photos. Autumn has well and truly arrived in my wee part of Scotland. Last week, it still felt like summer. This week, the coats have been dug out and I've even been thinking of digging out some gloves! Aaaargh!!

14 comments:

  1. It all came out really well, Anne. I like the style of that blouse, it looks very simple but tailored and crisp so you can wear it anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. I've made the blouse so many times and I still love it! :o)

      Delete
  2. I really like the dress, it's a lovely style. Yes, autumn has arrived here in Yorkshire too. I've dug out my winter coat and boots already, and even Archie had his coat on when he went for his walk on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been waiting for autumn to happen since July. I'm amazed it's not arrived before now! LOL

      Delete
  3. I love that you are using your dress pattern that you have used all these years and are still loving it. If you like it why change it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, Amy. It's the sewing equivalent of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!". LOL

      Delete
  4. I love the purple pinafore (I've got a real soft spot for pinafores!) the blouses have turned out well, those little flower buttons are really lovely! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Helen. I'm now wondering if I can justify a third pinafore dress. Probably not bit, oh it would be nice! :o)

      Delete
  5. Love the dress (and the rest but especially the dress!). I've already broken out the gloves and scarves. I'll leave the hats for next week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really needed the gloves the other day. My bones were getting sore!

      Delete
  6. Your pinafore looks wonderful, I love the colour, so rich. Yes the weather has changed. I thought I was looking forward to an autumnal feel in the air but I want the sun back. I smiled when up mentioned you'd dug the coats out. I tend to think the weather is so unpredictable we just have an all seasons coat rack by the front door.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yes, living in Scotland, our coats (and gloves, hats and scarves) are never far from our front door!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful sewing Anne -- I love those little flower buttons too -- very cute! It's cooled off here too and I wear a jacket every day now. And our trees are gorgeous this year -- I hope yours are too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, our trees are turning now too. It seems to have taken a long time to happen but, now that it is happening, it's going really quickly. (I'm not sure that makes any sense whatsoever! LOL)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)